The house sparrows are getting busy again in next doors eaves!

As the title states:

"The house sparrows are getting busy again in next doors eaves!"

Mr HS doing his bit

I just wish they would sweep up after themselves, dropping the twigs and grass on our patio! Joy

I'll see if I can get a piccie or two of them going into the eaves. I think a video is a little to far from a location perspective

• I checked out the link Mike, I'm not sure that's even aerodynamically possible, ain't nature wonderful.

Beachwalker - My favourite occupation as I love exploring my home county and photographing its beauty.

• Beachwalker 66 said:
    I checked out the link Mike, I'm not sure that's even aerodynamically possible, ain't nature wonderful.

Isn't it just, and the weight, let alone aerodynamics, the centre of gravity.....

• These are wonderful shots of the busy working Housesparrow, Mike
  • Mart 1 said:
    These are wonderful shots of the busy working Housesparrow, Mike

Thank you Mart.

They are now enduring longer daylight hours, starting around 05:40 in the morning to around 19:40 in the evening, and the days are going to get longer.....

• How have the house Sparrows been doing? 

• Zo Clark said:

How have the house Sparrows been doing? 

Still as busy, and  noisy!

• Thats house Sparrows for you. I don’t get them in the garden but commonly find them in hedges in the Orchard and in certain parts of my local area locally. I find birds tend to be noisier around Spring and Summer. With birds with the ones where it’s in there nature to be quiet noisy can be even noiser around that time like gulls for example. but weather its spring or summer or not like with House Sparrows I I find it happens with Starlings aswell if you can’t see them and there in the area you will probably hear them. Both Starlings and House Sparrows can be very chatty and there both flock birds.  I don’t think it’s coincidental that with some flock birds or birds that usually stay together in a group or near there group if alone like with the  House Sparrows Starlings and Gulls tend to be chatty and noisy. Aswell as calls to attract a mate and things like that some birds and Exspeacially flock birds have a call they do where they call to stay together as a flock. When you hear flock birds constantly chattering non stop it tend to be used to communicate with the flock to make sure they stay together and know where they are since with more eyes there safer and helps protect them from predators. But I find Like with Woodpigeons when you watch them for some time House Sparrows can be quiet entertaining.

• I tryed to find the House Sparrow one but couldn’t find it which why I sent those but the fact there’s so many calls includeing The Spring ones could partly be why birds can be noisier around Spring time. Keeping in contact with each other is very important to House Sparrows.

• Interesting.

They are very vocal, and it has been interesting listening to their different calls while watching them on the very close-by shrub.

I think one of the funniest sights has to be when one of them has some nesting material, and drops it. It almost a look of "how did that happen!"

• For those following this thread, you will no doubt have seen the results from the Big Garden Bird Watch 2022, and the house sparrow is number one again.

Though generally I do take the results with a pinch of salt, not because of the RSPB, the number crunching operation must be Herculean trying to take into account all the possible scenarios, but the fact there will be people who try their best to ID species, and innocently get it wrong (like I does from time to time).

For those who haven't seen the results, here is the link: https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/

On a positive note, the BGBW is a good idea to encourage folk to be more aware of what goes on in their gardens and locality. Sadly, I wish it had a more positive impression on commercial enterprises, as I see yet another large chunk of countryside between here and B'ham set to be built on.

The day is getting too close when Coventry, Meriden, Kenilworth, Leamington and Warwick will all be part of the Birmingham Metropolis.....