Collective Nouns For Birds

Whilst doing some searching for another subject, I stumbled across this fairly comprehensive list of bird collective nouns.

Collective Nouns For Birds

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Very interesting indeed, I never knew or have heard most of that list! Thanks for the information.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Spent a good 15 minutes scrolling through that list. Too many to pick a favourite!
  • In reply to Catlady:

Lynn L said:
    Very interesting indeed, I never knew or have heard most of that list! Thanks for the information.

You're welcome.

Reading  through the replies, I think some were suggestions and/or wacky ideas rather than historically used terms, but interesting  nonetheless. But then, the terms we use today will have started out as wacky ideas.....

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Thanks so much for doing this! It's so hard to collate this data but it is also a valuable cultural insight.
  • In reply to Shezkah:

Shezkah said:
    Thanks so much for doing this! It's so hard to collate this data but it is also a valuable cultural insight.

It was very interesting collating the various nouns, and not just from the UK, but across the globe.

I did limit the listing to UK birds, or it would have been close on endless, with many species having more than one noun, all with the help of a spreadsheet.to list, sort and place in some form of sequence.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler