Dove doing strange neck straining thing

I’m raising a dove for the 4th time and this one is doing a strange neck straining thing especially after it eats. I’ve had her for over a month. I tried bird antibiotics for a week to rule out a crop infection and that’s not helping at all. She bends her head to the side like she’s straining and closes her eyes while it’s happening. Any ideas what this is and how to fix it? 

• Can you post a video?

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In reply to monkeycheese:

I tried and it wouldn’t let me post. So I posted it on Twitter instead. See if this works twitter.com/.../1449808166791925766
  • Thanks. I have forwarded it to some fellow rehabbers

• In reply to monkeycheese:

Thank you so much!
  • I've replied to your twitter feed. Do you have rescue centers in your part of the world? It needs proper attention. Doesn't look promising to be honest.

• I replied back. I want to try to do this myself if possible because I don’t trust rehabbers around here. Last time I brought them a dove with an injured wing and they euthanized it. It was walking and eating fine. It just couldn’t fly.
  • I just gave her a little straight. saline water. I’ll give her watered down formula for a day. I don’t want to touch the Maalox till I know exactly how and how much to administer. I read somewhere that it can be used for an impacted crop. I’d love your rehabber’s instructions.
  • Hi Marianne, any more news on your dove, did you get any more help re medication?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• In reply to WendyBartter:

HI, she looked way better today! Thank you. I think it helped to provide her with some straight saline yesterday and then I watered down her formula quite a bit. I hardly saw any neck straining today at all. A little, but not much. I was reading it could be not enough water, or over feeding, or cold food... so I made sure everything was warmed up before giving it to her, I didn't let it sit there and cool off before she ate more, and I didn't let her just go to town and eat and eat for an hour... which she can tend to do.
  • Optimistic news, hope she continues to improve under your care Marianne ... do let us know how she progresses!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr