Lockdown photos of 2021

Many of you will have seen my garden photo thread from last year: "Post Furlough Return To Work....", and to save a thread getting too long, I  thought I'd set up one for 2021. I was hoping to make it a retirement thread, but alas, that was thwarted at the last minute just before Xmas, but nature and life still continues, and so shall I....

So here it is. The light has been, well, yuk for any decent photos, but to start things off, a few snow scenes from the garden from last Friday.

A generaly view of the garden.

The chimera, complete with coconut shell full of mealworms, which often provides good viewing, but not this day....

The established erysimum

Last years erysimum and lavender

Stay safe folks, there will be wildlife photos here soon, lockdown or no lockdown....

• A couple of pics from yesterday (Sat 30th Jan), which was generally a dismal day, continual sleet and dull, but, the birds were busy feeding, as they always seem to.

First was a GSW, probably a male, and great for the BGBW count. Apologies for the gariny pic, it was dull, and taken through the kitchen window....

A bit of a relapse in the onslaught of sleet, enabled me to get outside and garb a piccie of this pair of collard doves. Sadly, I disturbed then cuddling up to each other, but still a pic to savour, and one for the BGBW count...

Right, tripod out in the garden, camera batteries (I have a spare) charged, coat on. gloves on, choob ready to put on, and outside I'm going, while its dry, but nippy.....

Stay safe everyone

• A few from today, which started off with a very briefly colourful sunrise.

Along with a morning moon....

It wasn't long before the cloud zoomed in, and it became dull, almost dull enough to play around with long exposures on the big lens.

Normally I'd use an ND filter, but they're a wee bit too costly for the big lens.

It was, well, a tad chilly out.....

But the birds were around, though not as busy as yesterday.

The blackbirds were ten a penny again, predominantly males....

A blue tit enjoying the suet block...

A dunnock feeding on the spilt food....

The collared doves were around, both in the cherry tree checking out the land before coming down to feed. BTW, the other was just about and just out of view....

Blue tit enjoying some nuts....

While a great tit looks on and waits its turn...

Stay safe everyone.

• During a hectic week at work, I came home one evening and Mrs PR had put a new coconut shell out for the birds, and this little blue tit was on guard duty.....

It stood there for a good 15 mins or more, only moving its head to observe the surrounding activity.

• After the usual Saturday chores, shopping and the general tidying up etc, I managed a couple of hours out in the garden.

The snowbells are looking good, and should flower around March time.

The daffs are coming on fine, and should be in flower at the end of March.

Even the tulips are showing themselves, and should be in flower in April.

Mr & Mrs Collared Dove were enjoying a visit.

While the partner waddles along behind....

Then on to the patio to see if there is any food to eat....

A blue tit, possibly the same one as the other day, because no other bird activity has been seen on the coconut shell to date.

Gets stuck in....

Mr BB, "Now, how can I get my piccie taken?"

"Absolutely absurd, how can anyone get in on this social media malarkey?"

More blue tit activity, this time on the coconut shell with mealies in....

Gettin' stuck in....

"Ahhhh, lovely mealies...."

Mr Chaffie sitting on the sides.....

Mr & Mrs Collared Dove again.

Whoa! Come on guys, this is a respectable neighbourhood.....

"OK babe, I'm gonna take you to heaven and back....."

"Do you realise dear, you messed my plumage up!"

Stay safe folks

• Great photos Mike do they come with an X certificate ,Lol.
  • Lovely to see some growth in the garden Mike and lots of bird activity too!
  • i love robins said:
    Great photos Mike do they come with an X certificate ,Lol.

I was shocked and stunned, both at the same time! LOL

• Linda257 said:
    Lovely to see some growth in the garden Mike and lots of bird activity too!

Thanks Linda, yes, everything seems to be on plan for this year.

Hopefully, with the help of my gardener, there'll be a few more new plans in the next month or two....

• It looks like the lollipops have found the coconut shelll.

Mrs PR videoed them earlier

https://youtu.be/zkRyacBqMQQ