Bad pics of fab wildlife :)

Just because there's way too much great photography on this site...!

You know the feeling. You only got one or a few photos of it and they're not very good, but you can't bear to throw the photos away because they're all you have of that particular species. So you keep them, just until you get better ones :) We've managed to 'upgrade' some of the species below since these bad pics were taken, but not all...

Please join in! I can't be the only one who hordes terrible wildlife photos :)

Collared Flycatcher

Otter

Peregrine

and best (worst) of all, Nightjar!

• Yum Yum! I like camera!

Slurrp!

Jenni

God gave us two ears and one mouth for a very good reason!

• I said I would try to post some of my awful shots here, so here's one...  GSW on next door neighbour's feeder... was on ours, saw me getting camera out and obviously fled in horror...

And a LSW - my excuse this time was that I was so excited, I just pointed and clicked (neighbours benefited again, although he went to ours first!) Last one I saw was 8 years ago, so can't possibly delete this horrible pic.

Peepo!  (Perhaps this one isn't quite awful enough for this thread...  )

But this one is...  The very rare Beakless Pixellated Wagtail.  Ta-dah!

Thanks to all contributors for encouraging us to enjoy our wildlife, however badly we photograph it.  And for a good laugh!!!  Best wishes, RosyF

Best Wishes,  Rosy

• Unknown said:

Yum Yum! I like camera!

Slurrp!

Jenni

Sooooooooo funny ha ha ha ha :0)))

An optimist sees the beauty of the complete rose.A pessimist sees only the thorn .

• A simply stunning picture of a Water Rail! This was my first (and only) sighting of that elusive little reed dweller. I heard a gentle rustling coming from the edge of the path I was walking along, and assumed it would be a moorhen or a coot.... I nealy dropped my camera when I saw what it was, no more than a couple of feet away from me!

I just had enough time to grab the lens cover off and take one picture before the little blighter disappeared into the grass. It was a only a brief moment in time, but one I will certainly never forget!

Taken at the London Wetland Centre in 2010.

(I've posted this exact same thing on the tea room wall....thingy! Still trying to get the hang of this site!!)

Georgia
  • A flying Dipper. Almost as fast as Kingfishers LOL

My gallery here

Checkout the forums' Community HOMEPAGE for lots of interesting posts from other members.

• Clickbeetle85 said:
    (I've posted this exact same thing on the tea room wall....thingy! Still trying to get the hang of this site!!)

If you're having trouble navigating the site (aren't we all) try downloading the file in this link. It gives you a visual picture of how the forum is structured and if you open the file in Adobe Reader you can click on the links to take you to the appropriate forum.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks for that link TeeJay! What a helpful little map for us poor lost souls! I think I'll be bookmarking this page for future reference...

Georgia
  • Two female Blackbirds having a ding-dong. What a pity I messed up the shot.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I love your blackbirds, TJ. So which one jumped the queue in the hairdressers?   Here's a heavily cropped male Blackbird having a feast in my garden.

Annie

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

Einstein

• Loving this thread!!  I think 99% of my photos would fit in nicely here, but here are a couple of little garden visitors snapped from my kitchen window :)

Can you tell what it is yet...?

Wrens bottom!

Acrobatic Robin!!