Help us improve our website

Hi everybody,

We’re making improvements to our website and other digital offerings and need your help.

We’d like to learn more about what’s important to you so we can focus our efforts on making the biggest improvements.

If you’d be willing to help us by taking a short call from me, please send a message or email me and I’ll get back to you with further details.

Thanks!

Adam

• Hi Adam, I'm sorry if this sounds rude, but I don't know who you are! I'm certainly not clicking on your e-mail. We get a lot of SPAM on here. If you are who you say you are, I'll make a list of the various discussions we've had over the last 18 months.

EDIT : Here's one to get you started https://community.rspb.org.uk/chat/f/the-tea-rooms/205233/if-i-lose-my-reply-one-more-time/1270880#pifragment-4313=1 lost my reply the other day yet again & flipped!

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Hi Hazel,

Thanks for replying to my post - I do understand you being suspicious of spam -- that did occur to me when I posted!

I've recently joined the RSPB as the Senior UX Researcher. It's only just been brought to my attention that there have been attempts to engage with our users on these forums before. I understand that when things like the UX group on the forum don't get updated or fall out of use, then it doesn't do much for confidence! However, I'm a permanent employee of the RSPB and part of a team that aims to establish longer-term engagement. I can't promise that suggestions or feedback will necessarily lead to improvements, but I will always be interested in listening and will advocate for improving the experience where I can.

I'm trying to track down where the data from previous discussions and surveys might have been stored internally, but it would be helpful if you've any further details on what's happened.

Thanks again,
    Adam

Adam Walker
    Senior UX Researcher
    adam.walker@rspb.org.uk
    UK Headquarters, The Lodge, Sandy, Bedfordshire SG19 2DL
  • I’m wondering the same, Hazel. Staff from the RSPB normally create new threads with blogs, of which no one else can do on this Forum, except reply to those blogs. Also if this is a member of the RSPB staff, we’ve had occasions like this many many times in recent years asking for our views on these forums about all these technical problems and 99% of the time over many years now no one from the RSPB ever comes back with replies to all of our worries about changes to this RSPB Forum. Also there have been at least one or two surveys about this forum, and after filling the surveys in, nothing changes at all and no one from the RSPB posts about the results of the surveys. I don’t want to sound nasty in anyway as I’ve been a member of the RSPB since the early 1970’s, but I just have now decided that I can’t believe anything the RSPB say or believe when asking for our views on this forum as this has now happened so many times over the years. And a number of members like me who joined this forum when it was launched have not posted on the RSPB Community Forums now for a number of years. I would like to believe what the RSPB say, when they ask us for there views. But this has happened so many times over recent years, it’s difficult to think that this time will be any different. I’m sorry to be so blunt, but that is how I feel.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks for sharing your thoughts Ian.

Considering your previous experiences of responding to these kind of requests and receiving no updates or visible changes, I understand your scepticism. I can only say that engaging with users and trying to improve our offerings based on their feedback is integral to my role and the mission of the newly-formed team of which I'm part. I can't promise that feedback will result in changes - any improvements we want to see will always be competing for resources against other development work which might be higher priority - but I will endeavour to communicate that and keep the community updated.

In any case, as I'm new to this forum, please do let me know if there are more appropriate places for these kind of posts than the Tea Rooms forum.

Thanks
    Adam
  • Hi Adam, I was one of the original group of contributors last year which came to a grinding halt when the guy, whose name escapes me for the moment, came to the end of his temporary assignment!
    Unfortunately I didn't keep a record of my & others suggestions & it was not published on forum ... surely you must have access to these records as am sure he said his findings were being passed on!

I was aware of feelings being hurt that suggestions were made & discussed in private, more experienced community members with a great deal of good suggestions excluded ... my best idea is for you to ask your questions openly for all to read & comment on ... maybe on this dedicated thread!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• The previous UX Forum thread (I too was involved) can be found here - it was created by "Dan S" a chap on a short term contract, who wrote everything up before leaving.  The info will be somewhere on the Intranet, though there have been a lot of personnel changes in the IT area between then and now, so may be difficult to track down

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Hi Wendy, yes I'm currently trying to track down those records and survey results which I'm sure will have been stored somewhere, just need to track down where!

Again, I'm disappointed that similar efforts might seem to have led to nothing; there are many people here who really are trying to continually improve our digital offerings so I'll do what I can to communicate our progress and restore confidence.

Thanks
    Adam
  • Thanks Adam, you will by now have read WJ's very informative post!

If you throw the subject open then am sure you'll soon be made aware of people's very legitimate problems using this 'new & improved' forum!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks - that link returns a 'Page not found' for me, so unfortunately I can't seem to access the forum, perhaps because it closed before I joined?

As I say, let me know if this kind of engagement would be best in a similarly specific forum - I'm loathe to suggest that myself considering that has previously led to disappointment!
  • Adam said:
    that link returns a 'Page not found' for me,

Very strange Adam, opens perfectly for me!   Try this community.rspb.org.uk/.../welcome

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr