I got 29 playing crib last night.........

For those of you who don't play cribbage this will be gobbledy gook! We play a game every night at bedtime & have done for 10 years, although we've both played it since childhood & have played on & off all our lives. Neither of us have seen the hand come up before. I looked it up & it's one chance in 216,580!!! So here is the photo of the historic occasion

Well, I've done it all now, all boxes ticked! LOL

Parents
  • My grandad was an enthusiastic card player and I do remember playing crib but it's so long since I played I can't remember how to score. I sort of remember 15:2, 15:4 etc and something for a pair. Then there's was one for his nob if you had a Jack. But that's about it
    Could explain how you got to that score of 29 please, Hazel
  • My grandad was an enthusiastic card player and I do remember playing crib but it's so long since I played I can't remember how to score. I sort of remember 15:2, 15:4 etc and something for a pair. Then there's was one for his nob if you had a Jack. But that's about it
    Could explain how you got to that score of 29 please, Hazel
Children
  • Well it was 4 x 15's with the 5's & jack = 8pts then another 4 x 15's within the 4 5's = 8pts. Then you get 12pt's for 4 of a kind & then 1 for his hat because the jack in the hand was the same suit as on top. So 8 + 8 + 12 + 1. I bet you'd soon get back in the habit if you had a few games! We never get bored with it as it's different every time. Just gives us a laugh at the end of the day.