I got 29 playing crib last night.........

For those of you who don't play cribbage this will be gobbledy gook! We play a game every night at bedtime & have done for 10 years, although we've both played it since childhood & have played on & off all our lives. Neither of us have seen the hand come up before. I looked it up & it's one chance in 216,580!!! So here is the photo of the historic occasion

Well, I've done it all now, all boxes ticked! LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• I'm not a crib player, though I have played many card games, I will say well done. 

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Hi Lucky Hazel,
    Where’s the pegboard!

Michael S
  • Congrats Hazel, although I don't play cribbage it must have been amazing to come up with that magical and rare top score hand. You better buy a Euro lottery ticket now LOL Love the pretty cross-stitched cloth, did you do that ? I used to do a lot of various types of craftwork so really appreciate seeing it.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• I couldn't get it all in the photo! Had to move the pack to the middle. Should have done though. At least I won! We do 2 up & downs & deal 6 cards & put 2 each in the box . The Pegboard came from New Zealand, a present from a pal about 35 years ago!

Hazy : My mum did it & she died almost 60 years ago, the quality of the cotton/linen in those days was so good it still comes up white! 

Best wishes

• Good game though to whittle away the hours.
    That’s the lottery luck gone.

Michael S
  • I'm generally lucky at cards, Ron has the pegging skills though. So we usually end up winning about equal numbers of games. It goes in runs with one winning a load & then the other & then on & off!! We play on ferry trips & holidays & quite a lot really.

Best wishes

• Well done, ... Must have really enjoyed reaching that number, and what odds

Memories of many an hour playing, especially when on detachments with Service Hubby, would often here the children singing the Mantra.... 15.2 15.4 etc alongside singing their Tables.... , CHOL:):)

• Never played H but can feel your excitement!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well it was surreal. It's all luck what you get & I didn't twig straight away. Amazing!

Best wishes

• My grandad was an enthusiastic card player and I do remember playing crib but it's so long since I played I can't remember how to score. I sort of remember 15:2, 15:4 etc and something for a pair. Then there's was one for his nob if you had a Jack. But that's about it
    Could explain how you got to that score of 29 please, Hazel

Regards,Tony

My Flickr Photostream