Plants, flowers and shrubs; Share your photos here

As I sit here, on yet another dismal, wet and grey weekend, chomping away at some toast and marmalade Mrs PR has kindly done for me, along with a nice cuppa, and sorting through the few photos I've managed to grab so far this year, I think I recalled a thread some time back of plants or flowers people have seen, but couldn't find anything in the searches.

So, without further ado, I thought why not set a thread up for , where all can share their photos, not just in the wild, but the garden, local municipal parks, anywhere, because without these plants, there wouldn't be nature.

It's not unusual to see flowers virtually all year through, not because of global warming, climate change or whatever scenario you prefer to use, but because some plants are hardy and prefer to be winter borne. But for many, the first flowers they really see properly, are snowdrops in February, followed by crocuses (late February- Mach) and then the delightful daffodils (March/April)., bluebells (April time), and much more.

So lets put some colour back into the grey world, spring is coming, so here's a few to set things going.

February; snowdrops

February: Sweet Violet

March: the first daffs in bloom

March: always a sign that spring is on the way, the primrose

March; crocuses (from a local municipal park)

March; mini daffs in our garden

and some proper daffs in the garden, starting to bloom

BTW, I've seen my second bee of the year, having a nosey around the daffs above, the first was late Feb, the second was earlier today, but on both occasions, the weather wasn't right to get the camera out...

• I forgot to add the cheeky Italian Arum, from what I gather, its highly poisonous to dogs, cats and children, that has sneakily appeared in the garden!

• I had some of those 'lords & ladies' in a huge pot of bulbs, extremely deep-rooted & had to turf whole pot out to eradicate it, very attractive but couldn't trust it with small children around!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Onions. Harvested, dried, and ready for storage. Should keep us going for a while. :-)

Bell Peppers are coming along nicely. The big one will be in the process of being digested before the night is out.!!

Tomatoes beginning to ripen.

We bought a Basil plant from the supermarket in the spring. They come as lots of different plants in a wee pot, so I split them into four pots, (two were given away to neighbours), and have been using them ever since.

Another two bags of Spuds harvested (one had a very poor yield), but the other was OK.

Lots of bunches of Spring Onions still to go.

The cabbages are doing great with lots of White Butterflies landing in them. I spotted lots of Caterpillars a few weeks back, and the leaves are being munched, so it’s looking good for the Butterflies and Moths. :-)

Also plenty of lettuce in the wee bed to the right.

I forgot to take a photo of the Carrots, but we started on them yesterday....yum.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Very impressive produce Paul, enjoy the fruits of your labour and let me know what time dinner is next Sunday !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Mmmm all looks very tasty Paul, nothing like your own home grown veggies.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Unknown said:
    let me know what time dinner is next Sunday !!

Onions, peppers, tomatoes; sounds like it might be Chili!

Nige   Flickr

• Unknown said:

HAZY said:
    let me know what time dinner is next Sunday !!

Onions, peppers, tomatoes; sounds like it might be Chili!

Or maybe a Pizza, yummmm.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• The pond lily's are still looking good.

And so is the flower bed planted earlier this year, which the bees and butterflies are taking great advantage of

• Warm weather has been good for the waterlilies recently and the Erysimum which is great for attracting insects.

Regards, Hazel 

• My bee/butterfly planting producing some colourful late blossoms

Last year's Cyclamen has just burst into bloom, amazing how they come back with no real special care

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr