Karma.!!

I’m on the beach, kneeling in the sand with the big lens on a lowered tripod. I’m trying to photograph the birds feeding on the washed up seaweed.

There’s always lots of washed up seaweed here, and today is no different. A patch of around seventy or eighty foot long, twenty foot wide, and almost two foot deep. Very damp, and somewhat decomposing and smelly. The birds are moving on and off the seaweed, Starling, Carrion Crow, Pied Wagtail, Rock Pipit, Skylark and the odd Stonechat.

So I’ve tried a few shots when a Border Collie type dog suddenly comes running in from behind me. I manage a quick pat on the head before it goes charging off through the seaweed, scattering all the birds.

Fair enough, I glance behind me to see the owner approaching along the beach towards me. I’m sure he’s going to call the dog to heel as he obviously sees me, and a very conspicuous lens set up and pointed at the seaweed.

Nope.!! The dog comes charging back towards me, back and forth every time another bird tries to come in, obviously chasing the individual birds as it sees them. Still no response from the nice gentleman who owns the happy dog.!!

Not the end of the world, I’ve managed a few snaps of the dog as it came back towards me. He’ll get the dog under control, we’ll exchange pleasantries as he passes by, and I may offer to send him a nice photo of the dog in full flight.

Once again the dog rushes up to me as I’m kneeling there, and once again back down through all of the seaweed, chasing at individual birds as they try to come back in. Still no response from the owner. He passes by to my right, glances at me and walks on without a word.

I’m not one for being spiteful, but when a few steps later he slipped and went crashing down sideways into the rotting seaweed, my heart lifted, if only for a moment.!! Oh, the joy of it.!!

No photos of this, although it would have been nice to capture the moment. Such a pity, I think he would have liked a photo of his faithful friend. Unfortunately I never got around to offering one to him.

I think Karma may be an apt word for such occasions.!!

Happy days.!! :-)

A short time later, (once I had stopped smiling enough to concentrate on the photo taking again)  :-)