Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Lol Nige, no rules as far as I could see and no gimmies but I did get my putter and ball back ! after that we decided to play squash but that proved difficult too as we had to avoid hitting a live black (sungai) rat that was on the left hand wall - another story for another day ha ha .

Regards, Hazel 

• Hazel, Don't you find Cheshire a bit bland and boring after that Baboon incident?!

Kind regards, Ann

• Great story Hazy, thought the ending was going to be different and the baboon would have run off with the putter. Sort of a magpie fetish with teeth!!

Lot to learn

• Unknown said:
    Hazel, Don't you find Cheshire a bit bland and boring after that Baboon incident?!

LOL Ann,   I guess Cheshire is a bit tame after all the adventures we've had as ex-pats !    

@ Gaynor,  the male baboon was not going to back down;   it was most likely he was protecting his young who were nearby and therefore was naturally quite aggressive;   I prefer to stick to battling with Magpies these days  lol        There are so many true stories I forget most of them these days as life was certainly full on back then.     When I think back to those days I can't believe we really did all those adventures although some were not for the faint hearted   ha ha ! 

Regards, Hazel 

• gaynorsl said:
    Great story Hazy, thought the ending was going to be different and the baboon would have run off with the putter. Sort of a magpie fetish with teeth!!

Yes, I expected a bit more animal antics, knowing what little (I still have a lot to learn) I do about baboons, but I've seen some of the antics they get up to.....

• Great story, Hazel. I don't think anyone is going to cap that encounter. At least it didn't steal the ball. I'd have headed to the 19th hole after that and probably stayed there.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• "I've seen some of the antics they get up to.... " Well you have started now Mike, spill the beans:-)

Lot to learn

• Greetings, Everyone. Thanks for the stories--keep them coming! Here's hoping we will not have any dramatic encounters to report when we are up in Alaska for a week from Sunday. Apparently, the Anchorage papers encourage people not to put out their bird feeders for the winter until very late in the autumn because if they put them out before the bears have hibernated, there is a risk of bears visiting their gardens and tearing down the bird feeders. (And what else, I wonder!) Temperatures there are predicted to be well above freezing next week. If we lived there, I wouldn't care to encounter a bear when refilling the bird feeders. Moose visiting back gardens also happens in Anchorage, so probably best to have a good look around before venturing out. I'd rather view both of those animals from the inside of a house or car. However, we are almost certain to see Bald Eagles. Some of them stay there year round although most migrating birds have already gone south.

Kind regards, Ann

• LOL Ann, I can't imagine wild bears and moose in a garden as I'm filling a bird feeder and as you say, best viewed from behind the safety of a house or car. I guess some of us have been used to adapting to different countries and the wildlife that you may encounter there using the advice of the locals in order to keep safe. Your trip sounds really interesting even if you have to pack the thermals lol The sight of an eagle would be thrilling so if there's any spare room in your luggage then give me a call ;) Have fun, safe journey and tell J to keep a camera on standby, looking forward to your report in due course.

Regards, Hazel 

• Sounds brilliant Ann, what an experience, somewhere I know I won't get to see so will look forward to your holiday reminiscing when you return.

Lot to learn