Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

• Good memories Ann and nice photo too. No music festivals for me in the 60's, rugby matches were more our taste then, and early on in the decade I sailed over to Greece to work. I haven't any photos yet of the uke group but might come up with something later as we took part in a Bank Hol festival and marched through the street of one of the villages playing Sloop John B!!!! then settled down on the local field to play a series of songs - very hot and crowded, mind you we kept them all moving with our bad playing:-)
  • It is among the golden oldies of its type, Gaynor--'The Sloop John B'! Was anyone singing as you played your ukes?
  • Yes we all sing along Ann, with this group we are lucky to have a few good voices, last week in the TP we had a really good session, the bad weather got people in off the beach!! They were all joining in, even some youngsters:-)
  • Gaynor, Sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves despite the weather.
  • What a fabulous idea for a thread. Thumbsup

Apart from school, the only other connection I had with cricket was back in 1976, when the Aussies nailed England, and I met Dennis Lilly, the famous Aussie fast bowler.

As for recognising folk from their younger days, a couple of me, are as alike as chalk and cheese!

The biker days, circa 1979, probably summertime....

October 1988, up in the Snowdonian hills, with my last two dogs, both border collies. The black one was a rescue collie, the brown was from a farmer I knew, she was a failed sheepdog who didn't like gun shot or sudden noises.

Both fabulous pets and very obedient.

U definitely don't look that good today, worn out, haggered, grey hair (what little I have left), fat bellied....

I'll say no more, I'm hanging my head in shame....  Laughing

Not

• Oohhh I say, look at you, cool dude or what!! Changed days ehh!
  • Thanks for sharing your story and photos Mike, you certainly do look pretty cool and trendy in both those photos. Your story regarding meeting Dennis Lillee reminded me of the game played in Perth, WA in 1979 where……
    Dennis Lille was caught by Englishman Peter Willey, off the bowling of Graham Dilley !!

(Use rich formatting link doesn't work on Edge again so I've had to copy and paste the link)

www.bing.com/.../search
  • Ah, Peter Willey, famous for the only cricketing quote I can ever remember from a match against the Windies who, at the time, had a bowler called Holding. Do I need to go on?
  • LOL Nige, if you do go on ………. you might get kicked off the forum !!!
  • Trousers tucked into socks above your boots - I remember that. You don't see it much at all any more, which, to be honest, can only be an improvement!