Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• That all looks stunning Hazel, so pleased it's finally happened for you :o) I'm especially looking forward to when you're hand feeding the goldcrests lol
    Hope you'll both be properly happy there
  • PimperneBloke said:
    I'm especially looking forward to when you're hand feeding the goldcrests lol

Thanks PB,     lol, I'll need superglue on my hand if I attempt that ! 

Regards, Hazel 

• Looking good Hazel, in and out of the house the grounds and pond look very nice so no need to venture out to far at the moment, and good luck setting all the appliances up.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hazel, Yup, ditto to what everyone else has already said--your new place looks wonderful and wish you the best of luck with the high-tech things! Also wonderful that you have such lovely woodland and gardens on the site or close by. Looking forward to more photos.

Kind regards, Ann

• Good luck in the new place. I'm looking forward to the pics of you and Mike doing backflips off the balcony into the pond!

Nige   Flickr

• Looks a lovely place inside and outside Hazel, I'm sure you will settle in quickly. Your two seats look like the new Business Class but I think you'l soon get bored reading your carpet.
    Great to see the coffee machine in place, always good to get priorities right. Badminton on the balcony?
  • Nearly missed this thread!!! Fabulous birdsong on your walk Hazy, the Thrush was the top voice as usual, and what a view from the balcony right over that pond - I'm with the raised beds there and the backflipping over into the pond lol. I have a feeling you and Mike are going to settle in very well, and fingers crossed the "footballer" behaves himself!! You don't want to hear me playing the uke, you would get booted out of there pretty quickly!! Maybe the carpets will be laid quicker than forecast as shops and things are changing so rapidly,
    I'll join you in a red wine tonight - cheers to you both.

Lot to learn

• Thanks so much Gaynor and I'm sure your uke playing would go down well with or without Catlady who could bring the bagpipes lol We have been in a few days now and despite the bare minimum in furnishings, we are loving it here already. Now excited at the prospect of the new window blinds which will be fitted tomorrow - who could imagine the thought of carpets - eventually and imminent window blinds could be so thrilling to look forward to LOL
    I also pressed a few more buttons on the appliances and found I could separate the induction hob into 5 separate heating panels !! the joy of managing to cook another dinner on it tonight; sirloin steak, steamed jersey royals, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots - yum ! next job is to sort out the next batch of washing on the all singing, all dancing washing machine ha ha. Seems a long time since I watched my mother use the baby burco boiler and Grandma's use of the posser to push down the clothes into the water - I also remember the laundry aid called Dolly Blue to whiten your clothes and Dolly Cream for the curtains which they used; now I'm showing my age - although I was only six at the time  !

Regards, Hazel 

• Well if you do not want to hear Gaynor on the Uke, then you certainly do not want to hear me blow the Pipes!! Not enough puff me thinks!

Ooh exciting, the blinds going up today, hopefully the carpet soon to follow? Mmm the meal sound delicious.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• This is the story about the journey of a little parcel containing LensCoat raincover/lens protectors/beanbag   !!  

Following the loss of a crate (during our removal saga)  containing my camera harnesses and raincovers for the 300mm lens, etc.,   I needed to order replacement ones.   The harness (Black Rapid) was no problem ordering it from Amazon which is arriving this morning via R.Mail.   However, I couldn't find a LensCoat cover for my 100-400mm lens as it was out of stock so decided to order it directly from the LensCoat manufacturers in USA.      Postage of $40+ seemed a tad expensive but still less costly than purchasing in UK (had they of had the stock)  and when I read the journey the parcel has undertaken I thought it was pretty good value in the end !  

1 x LensCoat® RainCoat Pro - Realtree Max4 

1 x LensCoat® Canon 100-400 IS II Realtree Max4 

1 x LensCoat® RainCap Large Realtree Max4 

1 x LensCoat® RainCap Small Realtree Max4 

1 x LensCoat® LensSackTm Realtree Max4 

Collected from LensCoat in Freehold, New Jersey   by FedEx and taken to NJ depot

from Nu.. Jay-err-sey   it heads not across the Atlantic (next door) but 666 miles West and inland to Indianapolis and FedEx Hub

from there loaded onto cargo plane and does head across the Atlantic into Stanstead Airport in Essex where it goes to FedEx depot and then undertakes a journey to Ridgemont in Bedfordshire.

From Bedfordshire it works its way up to the far north and Newcastle (think it is more likely the midlands Newcastle)  !      

It is now out for delivery on its way to final destination of Cheshire from there but not sure if it is hitting another hub first as it is not due to be delivered until tomorrow   !!   I continue to follow its journey with interest  LOL    What a mammoth journey this little parcel has undertaken !     Incredible that it was only ordered on Sunday evening and it has travelled so many miles in such a short time.   

Regards, Hazel