Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

• I did wonder whether you would have to pay VAT. I think there used to be an exemption for small amounts (£18 seems to ring a bell) but I think HMRC closed that small concession. The Advancement Fee is a bit naughty though but I guess they will say it's to cover the cost of administration. We live and learn.
  • Unknown said:
    I did wonder whether you would have to pay VAT. I think there used to be an exemption for small amounts (£18 seems to ring a bell) but I think HMRC closed that small concession. The Advancement Fee is a bit naughty though but I guess they will say it's to cover the cost of administration. We live and learn.

thanks for the extra info Tony,   as you say the Advancement Fee is an administration fee charged I am assuming by FedEx who are collecting the revenue for customs/tax.     I thought there was still an allowance on smaller imports but as you say HMRC must have closed that off.   It's not a fortune but good to know for the future !     

• Those were the days with fan's at match's

• Another miscellaneous photo/video (non bird/wildlife)  to add as we had the Tour of Britain 2021, stage 5 start on our residential parkland yesterday and despite only quick pics,  I did manage to snap Mark Cavendish (in blue on the right as they round the corner) as the cycles whizzed past ............ all over in less than 20 seconds so I've added a few stills to the clip.      Only record shots.