Add your miscellaneous photos or stories here

Rather than going off topic on other threads,  thought it may be better to create a general "miscellaneous" thread where you can add your stories or pics that are either memorable to you or pics you want to share with forum members;   they don't have to relate specifically to wildlife (as on Odds & Sods thread)  as Tea Rooms is for general chat/pics as long as you follow community acceptable guidelines !    

To start it off I'll transfer over a few pics I put up for Wendy..............

@ Wendy,   I wasn't into photography back in my Aussie days and can't find the happy snappy pics except for these.....

For Mick...…...a pic of Glen McGrath

Pre-match preparations  !    and junk food  lol 

• I think I might start using FedEx and Royal Mail to plan my next foreign trip... $40 for a tour of UK, US AND flights included....Bargain!!
  • LOL PB, You might end up a little battered and bruised but think of the extra money you would have for spends   !         Btw, I think the Newcastle is not Northumberland but midlands as that makes more sense ! Still it has undertaken a journey of 5000 and counting in two days !

• My goodness what a journey the wee parcel has undertaken! Only ordered on Sunday and will be received Friday, really good going.
    I order [from Amazon] a set of head bands with lovely coloured beads [for when hair got out of control in lockdown, but has now been controlled by the hairdresser] even although hair has now been cut, I still like it in the bands. Ordered 23rd July delivery was meant to be 9th September, still waiting. I never checked when ordering, so never noticed they were coming from China! Think they must be coming by donkey express!!
  • Lynn L said:
    Only ordered on Sunday and will be received Friday, really good going.

Believe it or not I ordered it on Sunday early evening and it arrived yesterday noon  (Wednesday)   not bad for 5000 miles  lol          As for hair,  mine needs a good cut and I'm currently using headband to keep it in check  lol  

• It's amazing how stuff can be shipped around the world so quickly these days. Moving freight must be a lifesaver for airline companies now that tourist travel has collapsed, Did you have to pay VAT when it's imported from overseas?
  • Unknown said:
    Did you have to pay VAT when it's imported from overseas?

Think the only charge was for the freight and a small insurance fee so assume I paid the same tax as USA charges.    Deleted the email order so can't remember  !! 

• Thought I'd give you another story which would be laughable - if you weren't on the receiving end !! lol

Ever had one of those days when nothing goes right from morning till night ? !! It's been a hard slog since we moved in to our new apartment trying to get organised within the current restrictions and difficulty with deliveries and ordering, etc, Today two more deliveries scheduled so Yiphee :) kitchen stool (should be three but one was delivered - long story which involves slower delivery if you want to buy them in threes, ie., you have to order one as a single and one as a pair of the same stool - single arrives 4 weeks faster than ordering a pair ! ) We also had in the same delivery of a large rattan outdoor storage box which came flat-packed with a million pieces/screws/washers, etc. After turning the enclosed diagram paper all ways round to try make sense of the unclear assembly instructions ..... I eventually ripped it up and finally started piecing it together trying to use logic instead ...... first the base, one of the sides .......then came to a halt ....... where are the screw holes for the other side piece ?? hmmmm.... not a sign of them being drilled. Left with a huge rattan box only quarter assembled but not wanting to dismantle the thing again ... so it sits taking up a whole corner of the living room whilst I take and send photos to the shop I ordered it from and asking where we go from here.

Nevermind, another delivery due so all not lost for the day ...... waiting... waiting after receiving a text from Oskar (courier) to say he's on his way with the artwork we ordered via J.Lewis who use Artko for products and hence Artko's choice of (rubbish) courier. After hours of waiting I headed to the online order and saw the courier said, contact us, can't find address, delivery due Monday instead. No text since it said Oskar is on his way or a phone call even though Oskar's imminent arrival was sent via text to my mobile. Phone call went through long menu and eventually ended without speaking to a human with auto robot saying goodbye, thank you for calling :( and being cut off. After much searching found a different and more hidden number for same courier so called that, waited 12 minutes but spoke (after navigating yet another menu and cleverly saying NO, NOT CORRECT to each automated question) which eventually triggered a connection with a human who was totally unhelpful but saying the delivery would now be Monday despite not understanding our address ! We wait to see if it arrives but won't hold my breath.

Did I mention utility switching ? hmmm.... seems we are to quote "de-energised" so can't switch to cheaper supplier until we have been re-energised !! I tell you, I'm in great need of being re-energised after weeks of struggling and battling to get things sorted. For anyone contemplating moving - take my advice ....DON'T DO IT !!
    Now where's that glass of wine I put down somewhere ?

• Have you calmed down a little now!!!! Hazy flatpack were only invented to drive us crazy. I hope you get your rattan box assembled, if the firm get in touch with you I'd ask for someone to come out and fix it to save you any more headaches. The courier that delivers in this area has decided to come on a bicycle now!!! apparently all the firms are competing so much for business he is trying to cut his costs!!! So I decided I wouldn't send for the three piece suite I need :-) :-)
  • gaynorsl said:
    The courier that delivers in this area has decided to come on a bicycle now!!! apparently all the firms are competing so much for business he is trying to cut his costs!!! So I decided I wouldn't send for the three piece suite I need :-) :-)

LOL Gaynor,    I now have a picture in my mind of a man on bicycle using stabilisers trying to balance a sofa as he winds his merry way around the country lanes of Anglesey !!      Tonight, I had my neighbour call in with stories of an equally horrendous day as she can't get anywhere sorting out a utility provider (switch) as it says we own the gas meter and another friend upstairs owns the electric meter  ...........   it just keeps getting worse   LOL    perhaps we're paying for the whole supply of gas   !!!     Just had my bubble bath and got some lovely Neom lavender pillow spray for later - that should help me get some sleep !    Now its weekend, nothing happens so we have to wait to begin again on Monday.     Good luck with ordering a new three piece suite  !

• LOL Hazy, actually I am debating whether to get a new two piece suite, but haven't a clue as to how the three piece will be manouvered out of the house, could be a case of knocking down a wall or two!!! haven't the energy to even think of that at the moment!! :-) I have an idea my hubby built the porch after we had the suite!!!!! help!!!!!