If I lose my reply one more time..............

Sorry to have a moan, but there is one thing about this forum that is driving me mad lately. I get on-line, have a read of a thread & type a reply (not quick as I'm only one finger (2 sometimes). I tap on reply to send it & Wham, it comes up that I don't have the right to to reply. I have to sign in & start all over again. By which time I'm usually fed up. The "good old forum" didn't give you an option to type in a reply if it wasn't your group or you weren't signed in. Why oh why did they bring us all this grief!!

• How very strange H, luckily I've not been caught out for quite some time ... mabe one of the techies will notice you're having probems!
  • WendyBartter said:
    mabe one of the techies will notice you're having probems!

I think you've more chance of finding "hens teeth"  on here   …… but I continue to live in hope as I know they'll be returning from cyberspace one day   lol

• They did promises to look at it! I'll just have to try & remember to see if I'm signed in each time I come on. (Fat chance)!
  • Why is it the last thing we think of ... unfailingly?
  • I have to sign in every now and again - whenever I find I can't get into my notifications it seems I become unknown once more, but unlike you Hazel it is maybe once a week. Very exasperating, hope you get it sorted soon.
  • I have been having this problem quite a bit in the last few weeks and being a slow 1 fingered typist and at the moment having very poor eyesight as a side affect of a collection of complaints it does put me off using the forum as much as I used to.
  • Still not sorted, just replied to Wendy on the moths tthread & I'm signed out so wouldn't send it. Why oh why do they not keep their promises!!

Sorry you've been having this problem too Pete, it's just not on! Grrrrrr

• Unknown said:
    Good morning Hazel,

I will raise this with our development team today. There shouldn't be a reply option present to any user if they are not logged in, but I can see that "Reply to Thread" is still showing when I tested in a logged-out state.

I will see what the team say and come back to you, as I imagine this is very frustrating.

Regards,

Elliott.

This is what Elliot said on 31st July.........

• Unknown said:
    Good morning Hazel,

I will raise this with our development team today. There shouldn't be a reply option present to any user if they are not logged in, but I can see that "Reply to Thread" is still showing when I tested in a logged-out state.

I will see what the team say and come back to you, as I imagine this is very frustrating.

Regards,

Elliott.

Hi Elliott,

It's still doing it to me. Type a message, press the reply button & lose the lot because I'm not signed in. Any chance of sorting it before I finally give up?

Thanks in advance.

• @Noisette,
    Agree it is annoying, I dont think there is a solution to be honest.

My suggestion other than signing AGAIN before you start to post,

is maybe, copy/paste.
    i,e ALWAYS copy the post you are writing, BEFORE you try to send.

Then , if you have to Re sign in ,find the thread , you can Paste your content without loss and retyping. 

I get annoyed when I cannot post pics,  realise ,I have been logged out Grr!!!!

P.S "Handkerchief Knots" would not help me,as I would probably ask why did I do that for!?CHOL:):)