HTR's 2019 Update 20th August

First pic of New Garden Robin (top right) and Mrs HTR. I saw her today for the first time. She didn't waste any time flying down for some mealies. NGR wasn't sure how to react to her and continued singing from various trees and fences. He eventually flew across to see who she was and took a higher branch in order to posture. Mrs HTR was not impressed.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Great to read your updates Paul, hopefully it will not take too long before HTR will be trusting enough to hand feed. I also hope that there will be no more nests in the greenhouse this year, and her young will have a cosy nest somewhere else!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Nice updates and look forward to the others

Nige   Flickr

• Pleased to hear you have some promising action at yours MC, nowt here save for a loner feeding on suet pellets from a dish just outside kitchen window! Great views but no love interest!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• A few pics of HTR from yesterday morning

• He's looking good Paul, the birds must think we are well into springtime with this warm spell of weather - even 17 degrees in Silverdale today !

Regards, Hazel 

• The HTR's have an active nest and based on the frequency of his comings and goings, I'd say they have nestlings. The nest appears to be on the far side of the school playground. Given that it's almost the school holidays, the youngsters should fledge while the children are off and that might be in their favour. HTR has been coming to the kitchen door each morning and also waits at the patio doors if he sees me in the back room. Naturally he has his own mealie dish, so that he can come and go as he wishes. Here are a few photos of him from earlier today.

The plum tree blossom makes a nice background for him

Fortunately, he waits patiently for his mealies and gives me time to get the camera

• Lovely photos of HTR collecting the mealies, hope you eventually see some of his offspring when they come to the babbling boulders for their first bathtime !!

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to have an update on HTR, hoping to see the babies soon.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• After a few days without any sightings, HTR returned for the Easter weekend. No offspring with him so far, but he is still taking away mealies and waxies.

• Lovely update MC, hope you get some fledglings soon!
    Have Robin here taking away food but must be a new one cos he doesn't know how to get into guardian feeder to get new supply of waxworks, been three days now!! Think the female came this morning, very small thin & scraggy but she couldn't fathom it either ... If only the pesky Starlings didn't scoff everything!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr