My#200Year

Hi

anybody doing this competition/ survey  with Birdwatching Magazine?

S

• Sry to hear you've had some set-backs with health problems Pete and hope you are back on track again and able to bump that total up before the end of the year;   with these strong gales you might get some rarer birds blown in  :)   It's pretty gusty here right now but all the tall oak/beech trees still standing - at the moment   !    Good luck and carry on birding  lol

• Hope you're on the up, Pete. There's always the guitar to keep you occupied if you aren't out and about much. As for Whinchats, there on my list of birds I've never seen.!!

• Bit of a bad year I'm afraid Hazel,without graphic detail for 5 weeks I could only leave the house to visit A & E or a short hospital stay,lost 2.5 stone but a desperate way to do it. After various test and cameras the diagnosis is Crohn's disease,not a known cure,typical me,but not life threatening and suffered by thousands of others.It does mean that I have a lack of get up and go but we can work on that and the good old NHS is checking up on me regularly. I need to use a stick for walking at the moment but we can still get out birding when the energy level is right and bI'm still managing to still act as recorder for our little local club so things are on the up hoping to get back to the Moss before the year end.  

• What a rough time you've had Pete, really sorry to hear about the Crohns's diagnosis but glad that you are not letting it win and are managing to act as the local recorder for your birding club;  as they say, little steps at a time  but I've always firmly believed the best tonic in the world is nature to get you up and back on your feet again.    Hope you and Chris get to LM soon.   We are going in three weeks time for a week, then again 3rd week November for another week and 5 days over Christmas !      Now we just need to fatten you up for Christmas so I'd be taking you to the L.Moss cafe to select a few cakes  lol  

• Like Hazel, I'm sorry to hear about the Crohn's disease, Pete.  Have you found a support group of similarly diagnosed people?  Best of luck with the 200 project.  Maybe these winds will blow in a few rarities for you.

• Never heard of this Pete, but looking it up just now it does not sound nice I hope you manage to cope with it and are able to get out birding nothing like being stuck in the house and not being able to get out to do what you like best, All the Best mate.

• Today saw Velvet Scoter which brought the list to 218-

S