My#200Year

Hi

anybody doing this competition/ survey  with Birdwatching Magazine?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Morning S,   sounds like an interesting challenge and fun for all ages and abilities.   I have provided a LINK HERE to the sign up page !    

Regards, Hazel 

• Hi H-

I signed up and await bumph-  It seems that some birds are 'worth more' than others?

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• That's interesting S,   I haven't signed up as I'd need better ID skills first  !!     Is it a point system then, the rarer the bird = more points  ?      I had a Caspian Tern last year   LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• I prefer the 'self-found' system myself :)

Got to 134 today with 1st Wheatear, Swallow and Sedge Warbler

S

• A great start S,  with those arrivals it sounds like spring is finally here :)  keep us updated, I'm guessing it won't be long before you have 150 with the incoming spring/summer visitors.  I only do garden counts which is still stuck at 51 (not counting overheads).  

Regards, Hazel 

• Well it's September 15th and just hit 190 with a Red necked Grebe-

will I make it to 200 though?

Still haven't found a Whinchat !

S

• Well, good luck for the rest of the year.

Nige   Flickr

• Good luck with the last ten species, you have plenty of time yet ! 

seymouraves said:
    Still haven't found a Whinchat !
       well if you can't locate one, there's not much chance for the rest of us   lol       I know you 'll find it ........... somewhere !

Regards, Hazel 

• Hope you make 200, S. Winter visitors will boost the total or did you get those at the start of the year?

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I've had a few health problems again this year,July and August were a wipe out including having to cancel our Northumberland trip, so we

missed out of a lot of trips since the Nethy Bridge break but we have still managed to get some rarer birds as they passed through our local hot spots birds like rarer Grebes and "funny" Gulls but what should be resident certainties seem to be missing. Whinchat is proving very elusive for us too yet we have a couple of local sites where we normally geyt both Stonechat and Whinchat close together but not this year. We did get my first Hobbies of the year last week,Chris got hers at Tophill Low early Spring. Both Chris and myself are on 169,slightly different range of birds, so still an outside chance when the wintering Geese return if we have a good year for them. All good fun this birding game,been at it well over 50 odd years and still enjoying it !!!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can