Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Old thread here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/22684.aspx

Because the original thread has, fittingly enough, 'gone bad', it's time for a new 'Bad pics' thread. Here, we celebrate the very worst of our wildlife photography. The subject matter is always brilliant, but the photos are very much not. If it's out of focus, chopped in half, frighteningly under- or over-exposed or terrible in some other way, it belongs here :)

Here's my first (first of many, no doubt) contribution to the new thread, a Goldcrest taken at Barnes yesterday. You need only minor incompetence to take a blurry photo, and the same to take a really under-exposed photo, but to do both in one go requires a special level of cackhandedness.

• Sadly the focus locked onto the leaf in the foreground Hazel if it had locked onto the bird it would not have been shown in this thread :( I would say it’s a Goldcrest.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• My friend who lives in Australia has problems with light so has started to use a better beamer in the rain forests and is getting better pictures she uses a 70-200 with a 1.4 converter, I might start using flash myself seeing its getting a lot darker here.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hazel, You probably know that our sweet garden Robins will fight to the death.  I have seen the occasional posing rival Robins, swaying back and forth and showing off their red feathers to each other, and a lot of Robin-chasing-Robin, but I've never seen an actual fight--must have been terrible to watch.

Kind regards, Ann

• @ MC,   Had it lasted more than 10 seconds i would have stood a chance to get video although I may have opted to split them up instead as it looked quite vicious and could hear them fighting it out  !    Not so nice to witness :(   I am seeing more awareness from the Robins about their territories, even RR suddenly dashed off when he spotted a rival but was back 20 seconds later.

@ James thats interesting,  anything to get more light on the subject would prove invaluable in this country lol         As for the Robins, I saw the two going into battle, wings spread, quite a squabble where they were locked in battle for 10 seconds or so until one retreated.    Territorial dispute.    You are right - a waving Goldcrest ..... there were 4 of them around in marbury park.

@ Ann,    glad it only lasted a few seconds as I was ready to intervene as it looked nasty.    I know we shouldn't interfere but i might have had to referee   lol     no doubt they will meet again for the next battle of territory .... or over a lady !    

Regards, Hazel 

• Classic case of photobombing....  saw this and thought of you! 

• Slight front focused :(

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Rob, Where was your photo taken, please?

Kind regards, Ann

• Hogganfield Loch, near Glasgow, I've done another post on all the goodies there.Its a great place.

• Rob, Thanks.  I will have a look for it.  Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to read every thread, so I miss many of them!

Kind regards, Ann

• tried a couple of in-flight shots....badly  Lol

and again

different bird

well that was nearly there :-)

cheers  Terry

my photo's here