Bad pics of fab wildlife - part 2!

Old thread here: http://www.rspb.org.uk/community/chat/f/2542/t/22684.aspx

Because the original thread has, fittingly enough, 'gone bad', it's time for a new 'Bad pics' thread. Here, we celebrate the very worst of our wildlife photography. The subject matter is always brilliant, but the photos are very much not. If it's out of focus, chopped in half, frighteningly under- or over-exposed or terrible in some other way, it belongs here :)

Here's my first (first of many, no doubt) contribution to the new thread, a Goldcrest taken at Barnes yesterday. You need only minor incompetence to take a blurry photo, and the same to take a really under-exposed photo, but to do both in one go requires a special level of cackhandedness.

• wow Jim,   thats a brilliant photo - not a bad pic at all and just beautiful !    love it.

Regards, Hazel 

• I don't think that deserves to be in the Bad Pics thread, Jim. Super capture.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Morden Hall Park Robin II, having a 'Scanners' moment!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Thanks Hazy, Tony, I have some before it took off this one I did not want but I kept it :)

Nice 1 MC :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Only got bad pics of this Owl as it was hidden way back in the brambles mostly hidden from view but you may like to have a guess at which type of Owl it is, the only photo I got with its eyes open  lol     ............

Regards, Hazel 

• Long-eared Owl?

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Lol Tony,  yes  !!   was so thrilled to see it although it was a long way back in the brambles we were lucky to see any part of it.   Was a good day for sightings but weather was not ideal for birding or photography !  Got close ups of the American Gull and bad pics of Purple sandpiper from distance but saw the Snow buntings again albeit still difficult to photograph.   I could put a whole thread of bad pics up from today but the Laughing Gull is ok.   May try sort out a thread tomorrow.

This is how difficult it was to see   lol ..............

Regards, Hazel 

• Has a really good hidey-hole there aitch, love Owls!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• You did really well to spot it, Hazel. I've often wondered how many special birds I've failed to notice on my rambles.

Was it a new lifer?

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thanks Wendy and Tony,   yes, this was a new lifer plus 4 purple sandpipers that I saw on the pontoon with a flock of Redshanks at New Brighton so two lifers in one day :)  and 4 lifers in a week :)    not got great pics of the others but do have closer shots of the Laughing Gull which I will try put up later.     I would never have spotted the L.E.Owl without the rspb staff at Burton Mere describing where it was located and with the help of other visitors that were viewing it.    Pity as the Owl was a lot closer two weeks ago until it was scared off by husband and wife couple with cameras (not us  !! )  that tried to get too close to the Owl which would have only been 10 metres away max.    

Regards, Hazel