Sunday? A day of rest???

Was up at 4.30 this am - am not  good sleeper. Birds in full voice altho nothing in garden till 5.42 am when my "spare" robin arrived closely followed by the blackbirds. This is the spare as there are 3 Robins who visit my garden BUT there's a pair who always come together!! Are they reaaaalllllllllyyyyy in lurrrrrve or is he just making sure she doesn't commit adultery?

Saw a barn owl fly over .... brill!!! later the swans flew and then the mallards.

Deep joy in seeing a pair of Greater Spotted Woodpeckers, its nearly 30 years since I saw one!!!

Spent the day rearranging my feeding areas after receiving lots of good advice from really nice other members and MDH (My dear Hubby) says the garden looks tidier!!!! Garden tidy?! We don't garden, we don't like it. Shrubs to hide fences and leylandi to grow quick!!! Thats about our lot.

But he's been brill and moved a nestbox - after advice was in wrong place and we know its too late for it to be use dthis year but maybe in a better place it will make a good roost next winter.

Also been off to shop and complained about 2 feeder that were only 2 months old and had gone rusty already!!!! Must be good complainer - no reciept etc - got goods to the value :-) yeaaaahhhhhh.

Washed all feeders etc and made weeks supply of mash (in fairy cakes tins in freezer to go into placcy bags, rice for week (freeze on flat trays so is free flowing in bag), brown bread and suet ball crumble (thats in the fridge) and finally out of grated cheese so thats been done and frozen on flat tray to free flow as and when wanted!!!

and they say Sunday is a day of rest?!!! LOL

I didn't get to be stupid by being blonde, I was stupid enough to pay to be blonde!!!

• Well done you. sounds like you've had a very busy day.  After my magpie incident this morning (See Magpie Mayhem thread) and the visit of my three goldfinches this morning I've had a fairly bird free day.  

Was lucky enough to see some long tailed tits at Black park whilst walking the dog.

Decided to cut the grass and clean the windows (Not too clean so the birds don't fly into them)

Glad you're finding the forums useful and well done for getting a result on your rusty feeders

Sarah

I've learned that I still have a lot to learn...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bramble67/

• Hi Lyndseypops,

You have had a busy day,worth getting up early to see the Owl and Woodpeckers though!.I had a more relaxing day for a change,we took a half hour bus ride to Langport(Heart of the Somerset levels).We had a really nice sunday lunch and walked part of the river Parrett trail watching the wildlife.Unfortunately we only saw Blackbirds,two Long tailed tits ,Two Goldfinches(they are the ones missing from my garden lol) and three ducks,either way it was a nice day out.

Littleowl

• Littleowl,

was def worth being awake for the owl and the Woodpeckers made my day!! glad you had a good day out - it's nice to hear of ppl enjoying themselves.

Bramble - cleaning windows???? wot are you on???????

Read about your magpies, I don't get them in my garden (YET) But they are hilarious trying to pull out nesting material!!!! Re rust - if you don't ask you don't get!! LOL

i do like this forum it's friendly!!!

Lyndsey

I didn't get to be stupid by being blonde, I was stupid enough to pay to be blonde!!!

• Hi Lyndseypops,

does sound like a very busy day you had there!

Can imagine how good it was to see the Barn Owl and the Woodpeckers - I've never seen either near our garden.

Will you be up early again to see if you see them?