New to this Community

Trying to find my way around this forum, quite a hard one to work out so am testing it out. Did other people find it hard to find there way around. Have been visiting Fen Drayton Lakes recently, great place to go seen Short Eared Owl and Kestrel most days recent.y
  • Hello Tina and let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. I am up in Caithness at the very top of Scotland. We are a great lot, mad most of the time, but you will find that out as you go along. Lots of clever folk here with help in anything that you may want to ask. Lots of lovely photos and stories to follow. In answer to your question, it is a bit daunting to get around this site, but hopefully you will find it okay. It has changed from when I first came on here, 2 years ago. Look forward to any photos etc. From my neck of the woods many of the RSBB places are too far away, but I follow what everyone has been doing on here. Enjoy.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

hi i'm new here i love all wildlife especially birds,  they come to my window to feed and i love to see them as i'm disabled and cannot always get out and about.

• In reply to Catlady:

Thank you, we love Scotland, and often head up there in our motorhome, tend to head up the West side, but there are some lovely fishing villages more on the East coast.

• In reply to rita h:

It is great to see the birds up close, we are lucky in that we live near a RSPB nature reserve, and see quite a few birds, Kestrel, Heron, Egret and Short Eared Owl, I have posted a photo of the owl, will try and put some others on at some point.

• In reply to Tina P:

Hello Rita and welcome. Please read my welcome to Tina, for you also.

It is very windy up here today, had to put extra pegs in the washing. Not many birds about today, think they are sheltering.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

Hi Tina

I've seen some of your photos are they are stunning, I see no-one has told you how to post them in a thread like this one.

First go to your settings via the link at the top of the page and make sure your content editor is set to enhanced, then if you want to try adding one in here click the "use rich formatting" link under the last post, that will then take you to the full content editor, then you want the inset media icon (9th from the left) and select browse to get the file from your PC, you should then see a green progress bar as the photo is uploading (keep the photo size to around 1.5MB, if you want to add more than one just press enter to put the cursor on the next line and repeat the process.

My Flickr photos

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Tina P, Catlady and Rita. I'm new to this online community too. I live down on the English South Coast so a long way from Caithness! I had a bit of technical difficulty when first using the forums but I am getting the hang of it. I have attached a photo of a Gannet I took at Bempton Cliffs, East Yorkshire, in June 2014. I can recommend that reserve - 250000 sea birds nest there from March to August!

• In reply to Alan.:

Hi Birder,

Thanks for the info. Glad you like my photos. Will have a go. If anyone else is reading this and having problems, like me perhaps you sometimes try on your Ipad, things don't seem to work the same as on a laptop. There seem to be more options on the laptop, don't know why.

• In reply to Tina P:

Thank you birder, it seems to have worked