Guess the Catchphrase quiz

More idle time during lockdown so didn't know if you wanted to have a go at working out these various well known sayings or catchphrases;     I will give the answers in due course.  

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

• James G said:
    What is going on in your mind Hazel lol

Gotta keep occupied during lockdown with so much time on our hands so you'll have to suffer these such quizzes   lol

You going to have a go Jim before I reveal the answers later ?      

• Three have defeated me so will have to wait for the answers. Then I'll probably say "how on earth did I not get that".
  • Unknown said:
    Then I'll probably say "how on earth did I not get that".

No Tony,  you'll probably say the clue pics were no good  LOL     I put this together rather quickly and when the brain was dozing off   !!  I apologise in advance and will add the answers now...…….

1)   Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

2)   The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

3)   Driving me nuts 

4)   In a pickle

5)   Stuck between a rock and a hard place

6)   Apple pie

7)   Changing tack

8)   Charged with emotion

9)   Budgie smuggler

10)  One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind

11)  Cleanliness is next to godliness

12)  Every dog has its day

13)  If it's not broken,  don't fix it

14)  No time like the present

15)  The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Thanks to those for joining in and very well done to all as only you only missed a couple of them.

• I should have got those. Trouble is if you get a fixed idea into your brain it's difficult to think differently.
    Anyway, thanks for all the effort you put in to challenge us in these strange times, Hazel. Pity more people didn't join in.
  • I ended up with 8 out of the 15. :-(
    A few others I should (could) have got, and a few I would never have got.!!
    Thanks for posting, Hazel, got the wheels turning. :-)
  • I think we got 7 right & had a few odd alternatives, but lost the bit of paper, will have a better hunt for it. Thanks for all your efforts Hazy.
  • Thanks Tony, Paul and Hazel for having a go; lots of idle time on my hands to think of other possibilities lol
  • I finally found my answers on the back of an envelope that had something else put on the other side & was tucked over by the radio. I got 9 right & 2 wrong answers.
    N°8 : Service with a smile
    N°12 : Dog days
    Thanks again Hazy.
  • well done Hazel, that's a good total considering some of the catchphrases could have been interpreted with other suitable solutions as you mentioned.    I thank the three of you for joining in the quiz,