Name the Woodpecker - Just for fun

This is not my video but from a webcam. I've seen this woodpecker in the country of the webcam but the light was poor and my photos were rubbish.

I should add that it's not seen in the UK only in Europe but shouldn't be difficult to suss out. Dave CH and Noisette are disqualified LOL

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I'm pretty sure the name of that Woodpecker is Gustav. I know his brother, Otto.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• They don't like to talk about it but I think they are Middle Spotted Woodpeckers.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• In my defence, I've never seen one, but they do get seen once every 2 or 3 years in our "county". It was lovely to see though as were the Tree sparrows

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• "Bossy boots" I would think, what a fabulous selection of birds, and love the wicker basket filled up with seed, and what a treat to see the tree sparrows feeding (when allowed).

Lot to learn

• Great webcam capture Tony; nearest I can get with a lot of searching is a middle spotted Woodpecker on the Makov Bird Sanctuary cam, in Czech Republic !

Regards, Hazel 

• Feisty little guy isn't he/she. I thought you'd get him fairly easily. Well done, Hazel, on tracking down the webcam site. As you deduced it's a rescue site for injured wildlife and some interesting stuff appears on the webcam including Great Egret and White Storks.

When I visited the Czech Republic a few years ago now the weather was awful even though it was May. This is one of the very poor shots I got of the woodpecker. Better than nothing I suppose.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Was really interesting to see this bird Tony and despite the dreadful weather you still managed to get a shot of it which is certainly better than nothing. I must start looking at some of the webcams once they are live as it's always good to see something a bit different - just keep kicking myself that I wasn't into birdwatching whilst we lived in all those amazing countries abroad lol

post edit:   it was the basket that gave the site away and made the search for webcam a tad easier   !

Regards, Hazel