Sounds Like a Bit of Fun

Hi folks, last quiz for a bit, (back to work and all that).!! As usual, it’s just for fun, so if you feel like it, why not have a bash and see how you get on, I'm quite certain that everyone will get at least one of them correct, so please don't be shy. As the title said, it ‘Sounds Like a Bit of Fun’ so this time I’ve posted a set of photos and a set of sounds. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to name the birds and to correctly identify the bird call for each one(assuming that all the files load correctly that is).!!

As an example; if there was a photo of a Blackbird at number 8, and the Blackbird’s call was call number 12, the answer would be;

8. Blackbird 12.  I do hope this makes sense to you. Good Luck.

The Sounds;

My bird photos HERE

• Here's my effort -  don't laugh  !!!  

1.  House Sparrow    8
    2.  Mallard Ducks      4
    3. Wren                     1
    4. Jackdaw                9
    5. Teal                        3
    6. Sheep                   10
    7. Raven                    5
    8. Blue Tit                   6
    9. Redshank              2
    10. Great Tit                 7

Regards, Hazel 

• changed number 7 to a Raven as it didn't look or sound like the carrion crows in my garden  lol

Regards, Hazel 

• I agree with your selections Hazel. Nice quiz Paul. Thanks for keeping everyone entertained!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hello Paul, my Dad, Mum and I worked on your quiz as a "family-project"   ;-)    We don't have Teal and Redshank around here, so we had to guess a bit, but in the end we came to the same solutions as Hazy. And it was fun. Thank you once again for all the trouble

• It looks like this has been way too easy for you with everyone getting the correct answers without much difficulty. Well done to all. Perhaps if I try this again I may have to see if I have any photos or calls from a Rufous-crested Coquette, or perhaps an Amazonian Umbrellabird.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Good fun Paul. Got my ducks, corvids and tits wrong way around. Al least I was heading in the right direction and didn't know the redshank, rest correct. Thanks

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Glad you enjoyed Catlady. It's strange how some things stay with you, but I can still distinctly remember correctly identifying a Redshank for the first time using only the call. The bird appeared a short time afterward which confirmed this. Perhaps you’ve heard them before but haven’t realised it. Thanks for joining in with this, it fun and learning at the same time. :-)

My bird photos HERE