Jumbled up Jigsaw's #2

I sat up most of the night until my candle went out, but once again I find that I'm unable to complete the Jigsaw because I don't know which type of bird the puzzle shows. Any help would be much appreciated. :-)

• He's got crafty & put some of the bits in up-side down. However this is one of my favorite ducks & I LOVE jigsaws. Think of an old-fasioned word for a metal bucket, & swap 2 letters around.

P.S. I hope Paul hasn't got one of these hidden under his kilt!

• Having got the first one wrong I think I know what this one is but don't hold your breath. A most elegant duck which I saw quite a few of recently at Slimbridge.

• Hazel C said:
    However this is one of my favorite ducks & I LOVE jigsaws. Think of an old-fasioned word for a metal bucket, & swap 2 letters around.

Hello everyone! I don't know what Hazel tries to say with this hint, but I think I've got it, too! I've never seen one before, and I don't want to give it away too early and spoil all the fun, but we are expecting big family-visit soon, so I won't be around today any more. Because of this, here is my solution: RSPB Handbook of British Birds, on page 33.  I've tried my luck on Jigsaw no. 1 "in private", but as I've told before, I'm not good at waders, so I had no idea... And the Mince-Pies were a desaster, too.

Have a nice day all of you! Here weather is quite nice, and even the sun comes out. Temperature is 10°C. So were are going to  have a walk and coffee, cake and biscuits afterwards. This will definitely be a nice day for me.

Kind regards, Bente

• Got it (I think), as Tony says, a most elegant duck.Think blindfold, drawing pin and seaside favourite:-))

• Ah yes, the famous Donkey Duck! ;-)

• lol,  think the beautiful feathers on the back may give this one away and love the cryptic clue of Terry's  which I agree with !  

Will add my bit of  a clue with, hopefully !    some non-irritant help  !   

• Never heard of 'soothingaid' duck before aitch!! Lol

• WendyBartter said:

Never heard of 'soothingaid' duck before aitch!! Lol

lol Wendy,  but bet you've heard of Tiger Balm ?  lol

• OK guys, I give up. You are all getting way too good at this and you’ve all been fantastic sports in supplying additional funny and clever clues so as not to spoil it for anyone else who perhaps wanted to have a go at this. The bird, as you’ve already worked out, is a male Pintail, one the most elegant and beautiful of our ducks (in my opinion). I didn’t see any today when I was out and about but it’s always a real pleasure when I do manage to see one. I can now complete the Jigsaw and perhaps move on to another one.

Male Pintail.

And once again, a remarkably similar shot of a male Pintail which I managed to take at Loch Leven back in April.