Jumbled up Jigsaw's #1

Hi folks. I got some jigsaw puzzles for Christmas but I've accidentally thrown out all of the boxes and now I don't know what the finished article should look like.!! :-(  Perhaps you could help me finish the puzzle by working out which type of bird it is so I can look it up in my bird book. I may then be able to complete the jigsaw and then move onto the next one :-) I've managed to complete most of this one so maybe it'll not be as difficult to work out as some of the other ones I've yet to build. Please remember though, it's just for fun.!!

My bird photos HERE

• Definitely a day for Troosers today, not a kilt day at all (Brrrrr) , although the rain has actually stopped and a weak Wintery sun is peering through the thin layer of black clouds. Looking out of the window you could almost imagine that it may be warm out there. The Forth Road Bridge is open again so I think I’ll apply the new thermals that Santa brought me and take a trip over to Loch Leven. Will have to put the thermals on in reverse though, due to the backward knee thing.!! Sometimes don’t know if I’m coming or going.!!

My bird photos HERE

• Try to sort it before you kneel down then PA ... I forsee a wet & muddy btm!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• lol Paul,   been laughing so much I can't type  !   can only picture kilt, sporran, backward facing knees and knickers in a bit of a twist   lol        Thanks for the puzzle, it was a difficult one and have to admit I only got the Green part of the answer right as I saw a Green Sandpiper  !       look forward to the next puzzle but meanwhile hope you are having an enjoyable trip to Loch Leven, it looks so beautiful on your past photos .  

and on a more serious note whilst talking of areas in the northern part of Britain .......

just a word for those forumites living in the NW, N, and E, NE parts of the country     hope you are all staying safe and have no problems resulting from the recent severe flooding :(     thinking of you too Jim (if  you are reading this) travelling between Yorkshire and Lancashire.  

Regards, Hazel 

• I agree Hazy, it's a miserable day for some people with all this flooding & my heart goes out to them.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Very clever and witty Paul, both the jigsaw and the following comments. Can just picture you going backwards and forwards with your wonky knees and wearing long johns with your kilt!! Look forward to the next one, maybe I might guess it.

Also thinking of all the poor folks that are having the terrible floods, keep safe.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Well done to all you people who at least got near the proper answer, unlike us.!!  Good luck Paul with venturing out today, hope you managed to reach your correct destination as it seems you might be having difficulty with your clothing and indeed your physique!!!!

Lot to learn

• Thanks folks, glad you all enjoyed this.  In regards to mud below the Kilt; a rough going over with a stiff brush is the only known way to remove it, and that doesn't even bear thinking about.!! :-{

And as Hazy has already said, my thoughts are also with all the people affected by this terrible weather and flooding.

My bird photos HERE