In reply to WendyBartter:
Well done everyone, between all of you all the sillyettes have been identified correctly.
1. A wee Bwown Wabbit. Vewy well done to all. :-)
2. Kestrel. (I actually thought it was a Peregrine when I photographed it).!!
3. Whooper Swan. I’m sure the lack of a ‘knob’ on the top of the bill gave this one away.
4. Fulmar. The ‘nostril’ was a major clue with this one.
5. Puffin. A wee bit harder this one but you managed to pin it down in the end.
WendyBartter said: before you scare all the horses!!!
You have a valid point.!! All is forgiven.
Sillyettes #2 may not be quite so easy though, will have to have a rummage to see what I can find.!!
My bird photos HERE
In reply to Paul A:
I thought the last one might be a puffin but was convinced it was moving away and that threw me right out duh.
My Photos in Flickr.
In reply to Shane:
I got the first 3 right but then had gull & duck!! That puffin photo is fantastic, & like Shane I thought it was going away!
Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France
In reply to Noisette:
Once Shane had mentioned that, I could see why you both thought it was moving away. I suppose it's too easy when I already know the answers befor posting the shots, I don't think I'd have got the last two either.
We spend 90% of net income on conservation, public education and advocacy
The RSPB is a member of BirdLife International. Find out more about the partnership
© The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) is a registered charity: England and Wales no. 207076, Scotland no. SC037654