What's wrong with this? #1

Just for a bit of fun if you fancy a try. Maybe easy, maybe not. Which type of bird is it and what's wrong with this image?

• A pink-footed sparrowhawk?  LOL!

• love the pink nail varnish !    not sure if they belong to a Stock Dove, Wood pigeon or other species;   only thing I'm certain of is that its not a Coorhen   lol

• Hmmmmm...it seems that I've perhaps picked a fight with a bunch who are much tougher than I am.!! It's been so long since I've posted anything that I've obviously forgotten that I'm now trespassing in the presence of experts. The bird is indeed Sparrowhawk (a young male as aiki told me a while back when I first posted this photo) and yes, his tootsies were a rather big girlie shade of pink. Here’s an original shot of him in all his adolescent splendour (with his tootsies back to a much more manly shade of yellow).!! I may have to attempt to be a tad more cunning with the next one I think.!!

• See that you are still well aquainted with Photoshop or the like PA ... spoofer!!

• WendyBartter said:
    See that you are still well aquainted with Photoshop or the like PA

A true story regarding imaging software.

A few months back I was doing a bit of DIY in the house on a Saturday afternoon when the phone rang. It was a number I didn’t recognise and when I answered it, a woman with a strange but somewhat familiar accent asked for me by name. My initial thought was that it was perhaps one of those ‘cold callers’ trying to sell me something but due to the familiar accent it also crossed my mind that perhaps one of my friends was playing a prank on me, so I didn’t just hang up (as I would normally do when confronted by a cold caller). I confirmed that it was indeed me on the phone to which the lady then asked me if I had ever been to Orkney? I played along and replied that yes, I had indeed been to Orkney on several occasions. The lady went on to introduce herself and it turned out that she’s the owner of a self catering cottage in Orkney, one which we had stayed in on one of our visits there. As she was telling me this it was all coming back to me, and I had by this time realised who it was that I was speaking to. When we had stayed at her lovely wee cottage we had somehow gotten onto the subject of advertising, and she had been telling me that she was struggling to find a decent place to produce information leaflets to send out to people who were perhaps looking to hire her holiday cottage. I had told her that I did a wee bit of dabbling with imaging software, and that I may be able to help her out in regards to information leaflets. I took a few photos of the cottage and when we returned home I did a bit of ‘this and that’ with the images and produced a few information leaflets which I then sent back up to her in Orkney; perhaps a few dozen copies. I also sent up a copy of the files so she could reproduce the leaflets when she had run out of them. The point of this story is that the lady was phoning me to say ‘thank you’ for sending the leaflets up to her. This is the fantastic bit of the story though, it was 12 years ago that I had sent the leaflets.!! Isn’t that just the most amazing thing to happen after all these years?? It turns out that she had received the leaflets (which she did phone to thank me for at the time) and then she had somehow managed to lose the envelope with all the stuff in it, only to find it again a couple days before she phoned a few months ago. She couldn’t remember whether she’s thanked me way back then, so was now calling to say ‘thanks’, just in case she hadn’t already done so.!! We actually spent a good bit of time on the phone talking about the seabirds which nest on the cliffs next to her cottage at Marwick Head. I find her kindness in phoning me all these years later to be a fantastic, lovely thing to do. I can’t help but smile every time I think about it. I just thought I’d share this with you, it sort of reaffirms my belief that there are still lots of fantastic, decent people still out there.!! :-)

• Firstly, I didn't notice the pink foot, just that there was only one!!

I love the story about the leaflets (I love your stories anyway) & you obviously fall into that "decent people" category too. I think most people fall into kind & honest category, but a few go that extra step!! Well done you both.

• Hi Paul, love the photos and the lovely story about the lady. There are as you say still lots of decent folks about, mind you the Orkney people, only being over the water from myself are lovely and laid back folks with time for everyone. Kind of like us in folks in Caithness!

• What a sweet story! Indeed there are not many people who would bother about saying "Thank You" after such a long time. Like you, I had to smile as well.

• I'm glad you liked the story, I'm smiling again as I type this.