Good eggs - moving forward poll

In response to the concerns about our plans with this scheme I have constructed the below poll to canvass opinion across the community regarding the future of the Good Egg scheme. It will be run for a week and will remain sticky during this time. Please cast your vote and make constructive comments if appropriate. If more than one choice is applicable, tell us in a comment below.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Instead of percentages, how about number of votes, that would seem much more informative

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• JudiM said:

Instead of percentages, how about number of votes, that would seem much more informative

The total votes is visible at the bottom of the post Judi - 10 at this moment it appears

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• Unknown said:

Instead of percentages, how about number of votes, that would seem much more informative

The total votes is visible at the bottom of the post Judi - 10 at this moment it appears

[/quote]

Thanks Whistling Joe 0 out of ten for observation LOL
    Makes the poll look very silly with a minority of people voting, of course there is time yet

Of all creatures, man is the most detestable, he is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain.
    ~ Mark Twain

• Perhaps Ian should have added "What is this Good egg scheme anyway" to the options list - I suspect many hadn't heard of it before this last day or so :-)

___

Find me on Flickr / All about your camera - The Getting off Auto Index

• JudiM, thanks for your comments, i'm sorry you feel that this was a silly idea, we are only trying to do what was requested of us and give you the opportunity to provide feedback.

Whistling Joe, that is a good call, many newbies may be completely lost regarding all of this! I will make the amendment.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• Ian H said:

JudiM, thanks for your comments, i'm sorry you feel that this was a silly idea, we are only trying to do what was requested of us and give you the opportunity to provide feedback.

Ian I don't think the idea is silly at all. I said few votes made the poll look silly. Everything has to move forward but poll figures have to representative of members, to mean anything at all. Including I just want my badge can only be completed by a handful of people and was not worthy of inclusion IMHO
    You will never please everyone no matter how hard you try. so just  Keep Calm and Carry on with your modernisation

~ Mark Twain

• It obviously serves no purpose as the most helpful person on the forum seems not to be a Good Egg,that is unbelievable how has doggie been missed out.On that basis lets have nothing at all and "what is this Good Egg"is relevant as it means absolutely nothing according to this.

I have read doggie's comments on here welcoming people and also more so guiding people with commendable patience helping them put photos on even laughing to myself as he came back time after time helping the same person until they were successful.

Assumed he must be a Good Egg so what a surprise to find the person who I thought would certainly be a Good Egg has missed out.

• I couldn't agree more!

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Sorry Sooty and MC, Doggie has received the good egg post award, announcement here, and has entered consideration for many more awards over the years as a result of his helpful replies.

Warden Intern at Otmoor.

• I didn't see the icon so I assumed he did not have one.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)