Where have all the birds gone

Here in South Darenth our birds have disappeared. We have just one Magpie we used to have lots of them. I have one Robin who comes once a day, we used to have lots of Blue Tits, Sparrows. I have tried various types of food, fat balls, suet block, suet and worms to tempt them even peanuts. But nothing

• Am wondering if this could be due to more folk feeding birds during the British Garden Birdwatch weekend so more choice of feeding stations before they reach yours?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Over what time period? Has anything changed? Garden been cleared of trees/shrubs/hedge? New cat(s) to the area? Roof repairs made to your house or houses in the immediate area?
  • We have observed the same down on the South Coast. Very few visits to our feeders or the birdbaths. This is a great contrast to previous years. The garden hasn't changed but a neighbour now has three cats and we often see them stalking squirrels and birds. We weren't sure if this was the cause or just a random observation. We know that other neighbours feed foxes and I have caught them in the past on a camera trap, could that also contribute?

Beachwalker - My favourite occupation as I love exploring my home county and photographing its beauty.