Members’ questions at AGM. Where are the replies?

At the recent AGM, members were told that the Q&As would be posted on line after the event.

Does anyone know if this has been done?

if so, is there a link?

Thanks.

• Unknown said:

At the recent AGM, members were told that the Q&As would be posted on line after the event.

Does anyone know if this has been done?

if so, is there a link?

Thanks.

https://base-prod.rspb-prod.magnolia-platform.com/dam/jcr:e5f6048b-d5de-4b7b-bec3-2053b2aa03f2/QAs?20(002).pdf

The above link are a list of the Q and As.

https://www.rspb.org.uk/whats-happening/annual-general-meeting

And also above is a recording of the whole of the 2023 RSPB’s AGM. I register to take part every year or at least most years. And I did register this year of which any RSPB member can do.

Regards,

Ian.

• Thanks Ian. So far I have been unable to open the link, but I shall keep trying. Regards Jim
  • Unknown said:
    Thanks Ian. So far I have been unable to open the link, but I shall keep trying. Regards Jim

It is linked off the other page Ian provided, at the bottom of it. Opens fine, but it opens in a new window. Might be your settings need tweaking to allow it to open.

• Also I’ve heard that the 2024 National Trust AGM is taken place in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I have attended two previous National Trust AGM’s in person. I’ve just finished voting and watching the 2023 WWT Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust AGM this afternoon. I find that strange that every year WWT AGM is always held Monday-Friday during the middle of the day. RSPB and the National AGM’s are held on a Saturday every year. And my local county wildlife trust have always held there Annual General Meeting on Monday-Friday but during the evening after 7.00pm. Many younger members will be at work. Far more at work than on.a Saturday or a Sunday and that is one of the question I put to the WWT AGM. Reply hopefully in around  2 weeks time. Occastionly I have had a reply on the same day. But lots of times I’ve had to wait for up to 2 weeks for a reply to any question that I ask!

Regards,

Ian.

• How did you find the sound on the WWT AGM? I logged out after an hour as the sound was getting more and more delayed. Was getting breaks within sentences from about 15mins in....
  • Thanks, Ian, for sorting my AGM query. Appreciated. Jim
  • Very poor quality. I did ask a few question. They will reply back to me in about 2 weeks. Same as the RSPB and the National Trust’s AGM. So many question get asked online. They can’t reply to every sigle online question on the day as there are just to many questions asked on the dsy of any AGM! The National Trust have there AGM in different towns and cities every year in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and I would like other national conservation organisations do the same as well. I couldnt register online this year for the National Trust’s AGM. As I was away with my local RSPB Group on the same day as the National Trust’s AGM this year. But you can vote in advance on all the motions as well as vote for the candidates of your choice  for the National Trust’s Council in advance as well. And then you can watch a full recording of the National Trusts AGM for up to 12 months ahead if anyone missed the National Trust’s live broadcast of the AGM!

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Very poor quality.

You did well to stick it out, and follow it, if it was as poor quality as my feed. As I said, started off ok.....but after a few mins, began to get more and more delay. At the end of the Chief Exec and into the first Q&A session, by the time I'd worked out the first sentences, I'd missed listening to the next ones.....made it impossible for me to continue.

• A few members asked about the RSPB’s constitution and the AGM itself which included Mark Avery one of the former Conservation Directors of the RSPB and of which there was no clear answer from the RSPB. Quite a few RSPB members where critical about how the RSPB’s AGM is run and I’ve mentioned myself on this forum before and I’ve being very critical about this very subject over the years.

Regards,

Ian.