Should Ben Caldecott be RSPB Turstee?

Having read the recent article by George Monbiot (www.monbiot.com/.../) I am shocked that someone like Ben Caldecott, who so obviously is not for nature, should be a trustee.

We as members should have the power to demand he be removed. By liking this post you can indicate your agreement that he should be removed.

• BryanC1484314919 said:

Having read the recent article by George Monbiot (www.monbiot.com/.../) I am shocked that someone like Ben Caldecott, who so obviously is not for nature, should be a trustee.

We as members should have the power to demand he be removed. By liking this post you can indicate your agreement that he should be removed.

Do a search yourself Bob. As the RSPB did a survey and was part of AGM. But of course you’re not a. member now are you Bob! Unless you have rejoined. I will remain a member or life fellow even if things look bad for the RSPB at the present time!. Unlike others Bob! ThinkingThinkingThinking

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Do a search yourself Bob. As the RSPB did a survey and was part of AGM. But of course you’re not a. member now are you Bob! Unless you have rejoined. I will remain a member or life fellow even if things look bad for the RSPB at the present time!. Unlike others Bob! 

****************************************************************************************************************************

Part of making a point is providing the evidence for that point, not expecting everyone else to try and work it out or just take your word for it

• Bobs_Retired said:
    THOMO said:

Do a search yourself Bob. As the RSPB did a survey and was part of AGM. But of course you’re not a. member now are you Bob! Unless you have rejoined. I will remain a member or life fellow even if things look bad for the RSPB at the present time!. Unlike others Bob! 

****************************************************************************************************************************

Part of making a point is providing the evidence for that point, not expecting everyone else to try and work it out or just take your word for it

Survey by RSPB!  So easy to find! But I’ve done this for you! So easy to find!

Regards,

Ian.

• Also if anyone wants to. You can find the charter and statutes if you’re interested. But I’ve posted some detaiks. Others can do the rest if they so wish!!

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Bobs_Retired said:
    THOMO said:

Survey by RSPB!  So easy to find! But I’ve done this for you! So easy to find!

Well done - that's the way to back up your points, provide the evidence.

• Well, I applied to join the AGM but didn't even get a link to join (my wife did get a link, but she hadn't asked !).

This is only my second post on this forum. The first was critical of the apology for the "liars" post.

So am I trying to start a "conspiracy theory" that I've been deliberately excluded ?

Well actually no, I think this is is more likely just a result of the incompetence of made such a disaster of a recent members day. But of course I'd be interested to know if anyone else here missed out on the joining link.
  • Crex said:
    Well, I applied to join the AGM but didn't even get a link to join (my wife did get a link, but she hadn't asked !).

How did you apply to join AGM?

• That is a question I’ve put to the RSPB. The RSPB since I became a member way way back in 1973 have never had ant members motions put forward at the RSPB’s AGM. The Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust aerie the same. Now the National Trust always at every AGM every year since I joined as a member have had members motions discussed and voted on every year. Although not mandatory by the National Trusts management if a motion is passed. Has anyone wondered why no motions have been discussed and voted on. Well it’s all to do with RSPB’s constitution and Royal Charter. For any motion to be discussed permission has to be granted whoever is the chairman at the time of the RSPB’s AGM. So it’s practically impossible to have any motion discussed at the RSPB’s AGM. The Wildfowl Trust are a much smaller organisation. But a different type of constitution. But basically very difficult to have any motion discussed or voted on by members. Members of smaller organisations such as the County Wildlife Trusts have more say. But again it depends on on how the various County Wildlife Trust’s constitution was set up. The County Wildlife Trust I’m a member of do allow motions to put forward and discussed along with any amendments and if the motion is passed at the AGM passed that has to go ahead. But not all of the Wildlife Trusts constitutions are the same.

Regards,

Ian.

• Something else is now missing from the New Refreshed New Look RSPB website. I had to mention that word again. I’ve been trying to find the details of the RSPB’s Royal Charter and Constitution as I’ve posted before. Guess what that is not now available at present. So this new look refreshed RSPB website has another part missing. Again it’s only temporary. But if it’s going to take ages to get these put back on to this new look website. We’ll all I’ll say, I find this new look website disapointing(unless it is only for a short period} But I’ll wait to see. As I’ve seen changes before many times!

Regards,

Ian.