Brown Headed Cow Bird

Just had a surprise bird visit in our back garden in Somerset. Did not know what they were until I looked them up on line.  There were 4 altogether comprising of a mix of male and female birds. Never seen them before but hope they will be back.  Couldn't get a good picture with my phone as they were at the bottom of the garden. They look like blackbirds from the back but have brown heads and more of the size/shape of starlings. Online identification pointed to brown headed cow birds. Just wanted to see if anyone else has seen them as I understand they are non native to the UK.

• Almost certainly juvenile Starlings moulting into adult plumage. The head area usually the last area to change from brown to blackj

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Much more likely to be juvenile starlings, their colours vary significantly. I think there were a couple of posts last year that turned out to be starlings. Post any picture you managed to get for more learned folk than me to have a look at. Also, bare in mind, if your online ID site was American, you're more likely to get American birds.