Hello and introduction to @tweetypiUK

Hello,

We used to have a very basic birdbox in our garden that would attract Bluetits. My wife said "I wish I could see what they are doing in there" and the result is https://www.youtube.com/@tweetypiuk

It would have been easier to buy an out of the box wifi camera system, but where is the fun in that. So I created my own using the RSPB birdbox plans which I changed slightly to make room for a Raspberry Pi single board computer. When there are visitors in the box, it automatically creates one video per day of all motion recorded in the box and uploads it to it's own Youtube channel.

We had some success this year with 8 bluetit eggs laid. I think all but one fledged successfully. But I made a technical error and recordings stopped before that happened.

I've learnt some lessons with the box this year and will be developing it further for next year.

Feel free to subscribe to the channel and tick the 'notifications' button to get notified of new videos for next season.

I'm working on a livestream option and to add audio for next year, and will probably change to a side view box. I may convert the existing box to a Robin box as we get a lot of those in the garden also.