Hello and help with identifying birds

Hi Everyone

Hope you're all enjoying the summer. Ive just joined the community and wonder if I could please beg the wisdom and knowledge of the hive mind.

I live in West Sussex and I am very spoiled with bird and wildlife around me. I have recently spotted flocks of small chattering birds displaying murmuration type behaviour in the early evening over Petworth Park- a beautiful Capabilty Brown deer park. Initially I thought they were starlings but realise it is the wrong time of year. Perhaps bunting or pipits?

Please see the video attached- I would be very grateful for anyones thoughts. Apologies for the poor footage quality 

Many thanks in advance

Best wishes

J

• I can't really tell from the footage but they doo lookalike Starlings. I am starting to see Starlings in the fields feeding in quite large numbers but am also seeing flocks of Linnet and other mixed finch flocks feeding. If they are settling in the long grass maybe more likely to be Linnet / Finch flock feeding on seed heads.

• I think starlings as well - we get lots of mixed aged flocks moving about at this time of the year. They can contain youngsters still in juv. plumage , half moulted out birds and smart adults. I don't think mixed finch move in quite the same way or make that same noise so if your first thought was starling stick with it

Cin J