Found ducklings on my balcony, what should I do?

Hi all,

I live on the third floor of a block of flats and I have found 4 ducklings on the balcony. They have fallen from the balcony above where I guess there is a nest? I have also seen the mother bird flying around. Do I leave them alone? Will the mother be able to pick them up back to the nest? Or should I bring them downstairs, to a grassy area or something?

• Sorry, no one has answered Ollycc, a bit quiet on here just now. I am unsure whether this would be the correct thing to do it ibut if the balcony above is accessible, I would say lift them and take them back to the nest, that way the parents will know where they are. Again, I do not know how they leave, are they ready to fly? Normally nests are on the ground near water or not far from wate, so they can then get back to to water. Will have a Google and see what I can find.

I found this, if you go to the 2nd page, ducklings hatching and journey to water, it says if the nest is up a tree or on a balcony, they will fly, land and go to water. Hope your family will be okay, let us know the outcome.

www.google.com/url

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.