Bird song identificatio

Can anyone id the bird making this whistle call?

many thanks!

• Same problem on this vid as your other KK, no sound

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• It sounds almost like a curlew flight call, but the immediate surroundings in the clip don't match a curlews normal habitat.

You could try the following link, noting what the habitat is around the area in question is. https://www.british-birdsongs.uk/

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• In reply to Mike B:

Thanks Mike- it’s a town park habitat. However there is a river nearby and some marshy areas. I agree that it does sound similar to a curlew. I’ll try the link you send. KK
  • I managed to get the video working on the laptop and agree with Mikes suggestion, it sounds very much like the flight/contact call of a Curlew. Curlew turn up in odd places in winter as long as the ground is soft enough to feed they will often stay around until they move onto their breeding ground. In our local area that is usually the edge of the moorland

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• In reply to KKlin:

KKlin said:
    Thanks Mike- it’s a town park habitat. However there is a river nearby and some marshy areas. I agree that it does sound similar to a curlew. I’ll try the link you send. KK

There's a chance if the marshes and river are close enough.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler