Starlings

Hi

Can anyone tell me we’re female adults go once there babies have fledged?? I’ve always had loads of starlings visiting, now I’ve got babies and about 10ish male adult starling with them. We’re has all the other adults gone? 
tracey

• Hi Robbo
    The males have a distinctive colour as opposed to the female starlings, I can tell the difference between male and female. Males have blue on their beaks and female have a very pale pink on their beaks
    Thanks
  • Yes Robbo, but their feathers have a different colour too don’t they?? Males have a blacky purple colour , were as formalism are brown? Is that right?
    But I used to have as many adults as there are babies now. Strange very strange that not many adults come at all now
  • Our local Starlings seem to be gathering into post breeding flocks of around 20 to 50 in number. These seem to be a mix of young and adult but trying to sex the birds in these flocks seems almost impossible in the field.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Hi Seaman
    I have more than 50 starlings in my garden most days, my garden is like a starling sanctuary. I get to see them on a daily basis. I’ve got a young starling that comes right on our table to the tub with soaked mealworms in, it sits on the tub and tucks away without a care that we’re there. I have a video we’re it has also strolled in my back door looking for mealworm. I will try to upload it