Trichomonosis

• Hello Linda,

I just read your post and was wondering what you decided at the end ? How are things now? I have roughly the same issue. I have removed all of my feeders but my neighbors feed them on both side so it seems a bit useless !

Thanks,
    Charlene
  • In reply to Ctatou:

What did your neighbours say when you told them about the disease issue?
  • In reply to Robbo:

My neighbor on the right said she will clean everything and removed them for now which is good. My other neighbor can't really because she is feeding chicken and ducks in her garden with wheat, corn and other stuffs on the ground so it's more difficult.
  • In reply to Ctatou:

Ctatou said:
    My neighbor on the right said she will clean everything and removed them for now which is good. My other neighbor can't really because she is feeding chicken and ducks in her garden with wheat, corn and other stuffs on the ground so it's more difficult.

Hopefully she already has good hygiene practices in place as chickens can get it 

Cin J

• I was able to catch one of the greenfinch which I thought was sick. I brought it to the vet who contacted a wildlife center and they have monitored it and apparently it's a fledging ! So they look very flufffy and also don't eat properly and are quite lethargic. It is very confusing.
  • As mentioned on another post, there aren’t fledgling greenfinches around in UK in mid/late Sept. Any finch that can be picked up is ill or injured.
  • Yes is can be, even mentioned somewhere they can have late brood as robin or blackbirds as I said before. It has been seen by 2 different vets and they got in touch with the BTO. So you say they are all wrong?
  • Why has the bird gone to two vets? Why would vets contact BTO? They are businesses and often don’t accept wild birds. As mentioned on the other thread, blackbirds have different breeding cycles to most other bird species in UK.
  • I explained to the other thread ! The vets were very nice. 2 because it's a big clinic with lots of staffs and it stayed there for a couple of hours, they monitored it.
  • Ok thanks for clarifying. So the same vets in effect as it was a practice. Will reply more on other thread rather than duplicate.