For Those Who Love Robins

Last Spring this robin was collecting moss that I'd raked from my lawn and left about for it.

• Looks like someone is getting busy with the DiY!

Nice photos Trevor.

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Love the Robins, one of my favourites. Nice photos. Did that one nest in your garden?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Always good to catch birds collecting nesting material.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Catlady:

Hi Catlady,
    We have possibly 2 or 3 pairs of Robins in and around the garden most years and they nest in our shed and wood store amongst other places every year and we regularly see young robins later in the year, so I assume it did raise a family some where.
    Trevor
  • That must be great to watch. We have robins that have their territory around the garden, and two have become very friendly, even coming into the garage and helping themselves to suet from the wee dish that hubby leaves on his workbench. Still trying to get one to hand feed, he will come right up to my feet, flies and perches in the garage, looks and twists his head, one day......

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

We have one very tame robin that hops around me when I am filling up the feeders helping itself to spillages. Three times it has taken a dried mealworm from my hand and dashed off with it but then won't repeat the trick for a day or so. Whenever my wife I are in the area where we fill the feeders the robin comes out and is rewarded with some dried mealworms.
  • lovely photo captures of either Mr or Mrs robin collecting the nesting materials, more signs of spring on the way thank goodness !

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Great photos Trevor it’s nearly time for the scarifier, I shall have to watch out and see if they start to collect some moss, we had some young robins last year so hope we get some this year, we have a chance I have seen two robins in the garden at the same time.