Sparrows earlier habits than usual?

Hello. I'm new here so apologies if this is just my ignorance Wavebut it does seem to me that the sparrows are starting to nest too early. Its the first week of January and they have been paired for a few weeks and are building new nests in our bird box and my neighbours eaves (the usual places they nest). They regularly are collecting frozen strands of straw from our rabbits and garden. I'm concerned that if they are building  nests they will be soon laying eggs which will be devastating with all this frost. Can anybody reassure me and tell me I don't need to worry? 

• I'm regularly seeing birds grabbing twigs and other suitable nesting materials as early as December, and this is an annual thing, not just this last year.

A lot of people think nature sleeps during winter, but if you look around, many springtime plants are already sprouting new shoots, many trees already have small buds on them, which are providing juicy snacks for many small birds.

Enjoy your winter sightings, it is fascinating watching nature keeping the cycle of events going all year through.