Not sure where to actually ask this but, can anyone recommend a good started camera for taking photographs of birds in the garden?

I would love to start taking good quality photos of all the beautiful birds in my garden so, would like to buy a camera. Can anyone recommend a good quality (not mega expensive) camera that can take photos up to 10 meters away? Thank you! Grin:)

• Your welcome I am not selling this to you I am giving it you!! that's if you want it a newer version will be even better then this the reason why I thought the camera was down Cornwall is that I was giving it to some one who live across the road but she does not want one she is happy with the other I gave her.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Hi Jim,
    I have just replied to your message from yesterday :) Thank you so much again for such an amazing offer! To echo what I have said in my reply, I would not be able to accept such a kind gift as free! I am still doing lots of research into which camera will be right for me so, it will probably be some time before I make a decision :) Thank you again!
    O Mini Fred O
  • Quite a few years ago I replaced my 35mm film SLR with a digital bridge camera (fujifilm XS-1) It had a great zoom and gave great quality images up to about 24x. I would seriously recommend a bridge camera for use at home, in the garden and getting out and about and getting used to photography. It has all the functionality of a d-SLR and less of the hassle changing lenses if you get a decent range.
    You can shoot images in raw mode, and edit - or stick to JPEG so you don't have to mess about editing if you don't want to. If you find you start to venture out more, and get more adventurous, you can sell up and go for a d-slr with up to about a 400mm lens. Don't get too big a zoom, though - as you need a tripod then, and birds are fast, and can be blurry as a result. And a decent zoom with a big aperture gets into £000s
    Do a google on best bridge cameras. The size of the sensor is less important than have a decent quality lens on the camera - but anything over 20 Megapixels would probably be ok. And if you like it after a year or two... I use a Nikon D500 (heavy and bog camera body) with a Tamron 18-400mm lens. That lot is about £1500 these days new - but there are lots of smaller nikons and canon out there...
    Good Luck!
  • Hi Slookey,

Thank you for reply! I think I have decided on a bridge camera now because of all those reasons you have mentioned :) I have also spoken to someone who has a DSLR and said that the tripod issue is a pain so, they also recommend a bridge camera! Thank you for the advice about the megapixels, I was really confused about what was good or bad :) Thank you!
    O Mini Fred O
  • PANASONIC Lumix DC-FZ82EB-K Bridge Camera - Black
    Lumix DC-FZ82EB-K Bridge Camera - Black
    18.9 megapixels
    Sensor type: 1/2.3" / 6.17 x 4.55 mm MOS sensor
    Optical zoom: 60 x
    3" LCD touchscreen
    Built-in WiFi
    £250 in currys
    I use a version of this with great results
  • Thank you Joe!
    Wow, £250?! That's pretty damn good! I will be having a good look at that camera!

Thank you again!:
    O Mini Fred O
  • Takes excellent photos. I bought it for my wife as she didn't fancy all the kit of a DSLR.