Kites in Newbury

Hello my name is Ian I come from Fareham in Hampshire can I have noticed on the way back from chiefly there is kites flying in that area the question I am asking where is the best place to park to photograph these beautiful Birds

• Hello Ian,   being in the NW of England I don't get to see Red Kites, only the odd passing bird but found a weblink with some info that may be of interest to you...... HERE

Regards, Hazel 

• Welcome to the Forum, Ian. I hope you are able to get a few photos of the Red Kites. We occasionally see them here on the Surrey/Hants border and have seen them for quite a few years now.

Hazel, Thanks for the link--that Newbury group is inviting anyone to sign up and hear their next talk which sounds interesting. If we remember, we might join the audience. The notice is on their home page. We did not know about them because they are a bit too far west for us (although we have gone to a few concerts over the last few years in Newbury)--we have 2 good local RSPB groups (and several concert halls!) much closer to us, and one RSPB group has begun having their usual winter talks via Zoom, and it worked well. Good for the environment--having talks, concerts, etc., sent over the internet--much less petrol being used by people travelling to such things; however, that possibly does not make up for the huge increase in petrol used by vans delivering merchandise bought online.

Kind regards, Ann

• Hi Ann, glad you found the link useful and the group's invitational page; Zoom (along with other online hosts) will be the new way of communicating for the foreseeable although I've yet to try it as I haven't set up the old desktop Mac and this laptop is creaking round the edges and need to replace it. Also need a new mobile to replace old iPhone5 and increase date allowance which currently only has only a teeny half gigabyte - I'll get into the modern era one day LOL

Regards, Hazel 

• Hello everybody and thank you very much for the useful information you have give me especially the links and all the map references that group and put together I really appreciate it all the best to you Ian