Hello from New Member

Hi Everyone! After a long struggle with not being able to log into this site, I am finally here and hope to chat with fellow bird enthusiasts.

I have been a birdwatcher for many years and decided to start a podcast to encourage other people to take notice of wild birds.

This has also encouraged me to be more active in my birding so that I have additional content for my show. :)

Host of The Casual Birder Podcast
FInd it on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or your favourite podcast app

• Hello Suzy B from myself in Essex , I hope you enjoy yourself here?.  Yes it is a struggle, even us oldies are fighting with this new layout

J

• Thank you, Wren.
    I’m from Essex originally too. In Basingstoke now though. :)

• Hello and welcome from Mitcham in Surrey

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Hi Suzy and welcome from me in Berkshire - not so far from where you live.
    I listened to your podcast on the Greenfinch and found it most interesting. You have great powers of observation and a gift for words to describe what you see.

I've bookmarked your web page for future reference

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Thank you so much for your kind words!
    I hope you will continue to find episodes of interest to you. Slight smile

• Hi Everyone, I was wondering if you could help identify a bird that came into our garden during the week. It was a black colour with a white bit on the side of its head. It had a red/orange beak.

Look forward to hearing from someone that can identify this bird for me.
  • Hello Suzy, welcome from me up in the very far north of Scotland, in Caithness. Hope you enjoy being here. With all this new updates and tweaks, you have done well to at least post!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Thank you, Catlady. I bet you see some awesome birds up there in Caithness. It's an area I would love to explore further (I travelled through the area briefly a few years ago).

• Hi again Suzy. Yes we have a good variety of birds. I have a count of 24 now, in my own country garden. The majority seen most places I would think. I have recently read that there are Magpie not that far away, so will keep my eyes opened.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.