Bird camera set up

Having found the tv was at fault with a previous problem I had rigging up bird cam I bought a tv monitor from a secondhand shop today. Can't get it to work. Does anyone know if a tv monitor works with bird camera? There isn't even a power on button. End of my tether of Newton Poppleford
  • "Please"

Suggest 1.  never buy second hand unless you know what you are buying

2. Google its instructions

• Unknown said:
    Having found the tv was at fault with a previous problem I had rigging up bird cam I bought a tv monitor from a secondhand shop today. Can't get it to work. Does anyone know if a tv monitor works with bird camera? There isn't even a power on button. End of my tether of Newton Poppleford

There is no shame in the following option, in fact it could be more beneficial, if you have any doubt on being able to do any checks for fear of causing any problems to your current equipment and/or the monitor, then go back to the secondhand shop and see if they will help.
    There should be a power button, the chances are if it was a computer monitor, it could have a worn ident for a touch sensitive button rather than one you actually have to physically press, unless, it was a computer monitor designed for cabinet installation.
    While I'm sure it is, is the bird cam still sending video out?
    The following is based on the fact the monitor has power, and there is no problems with the power supply, particularly if the monitor is not on a 230VAC mains supply.
    There is no reason why most cameras/video cameras will not work with most monitors, other than some may have been a computer monitor, therefore may need a computer designated connection, and require computer designated software to decode the video into an image you can see.
    While you can get good bargains secondhand, you can also get dodgy ones as well.
    When you power up the monitor, it should show a message or more likely the manufacturers logo. If nothing like that occurs, it could be faulty.
    Check your connections, make sure the connections match at the video output of the camera or device sending the signal, matches to the same connection receiving the signal on the monitor. While most outputs and inputs plugs and sockets share designated male/female connectors, there are on odd occasions where they don't match, but it is rare, so there is little risk of getting them mixed up.
    ie
    VGA-VGA
    RGB-RGB
    UHF-UHF
    Another easy test would be to connect the monitor to your video output and play a video, and see what happens.
    Good luck with whatever option you choose and I hope you get the desired result