New book about Abernethy Caledonian Forest

I couldn’t think what I wanted for my Christmas present off my cousins grown up son in December 2017 and so I’ve just found a book that has just been published last month in June about RSPB reserve Abernethy(Loch Garten) and he is going to order it for me. The book is called, Abernethy Forest: The History and Ecology of an old Scottish Pinewood. The book costs £30.00 and the book sounds very interesting in all its reviews. So my cousins son is going to order the book online for me.

• Just received the book about Abernethy Forest and it’s huge and very heavy and it will take lots of reading. It cost just under £30.00 hardback and where I bought it from there was no postage included, standard rate.

• Sound interesting Thomo, has it a mix of text and photos? Is it specifically about the forest and does it include the Osprey's.

• It includes the history of Abernethy over 100’s of years of management, hunting and now wildlife conservation. Includes the Geology of the area. Specific chapters on different sections of wildlife and future and past management. It does include text and photo‘s. I’ve only so far had a glance at the book, as the book is so heavy and is large. You can buy the book from different publishers, but strangely not from the RSPB Online Shop and strange that is the case, as most of Abernethy is an RSPB reserve.

• Having recently spent a wek in this fascinating area this may well be going on my next birthday list,thanks for the reminder about the publication Ian.