Another Eagle book !!

I bought another book about Eagles when we were up in Dumfries and Galloway last month,The Eagles Way written by Jim Crumley He describes his views of the interaction between our two species of native Eagles.Maybe not the most interesting subject for a bird book but to me it is so beautifully written that I just want to sit with him on that rock overlooking the Eagle Glen. Probably the most poetic bird book I have read for many a year and I do get through many books. Certainly not much to help you improve your raptor i.d. but reading this on a cold wet and windy day when sensible birders are curled up nice and warm with a favourite drink you may want to be out there.Not too late to add it to the letter you sent to Santa.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Thanks Pete,  sounds like a lovely read;  they are such magnificent birds.   I was viewing a catch-up program last night - BBC The Hunt and watching the Bald Eagles hunting the mirgrating Snow Geese (stopping off in Missouri) where there are over a million geese (safety in numbers) and how the Eagles find it easier to pick them off when the water freezes over and they then dive down, sending the geese into mass and close flight where the odd one unfortunately gets injured in the melee and thus gets separated from the flock to then be taken by the Eagles.   All nature with both the beauty and the sadness mixed in.   Glad to say the majority of the geese survive and the eagles get a meal.

Regards, Hazel