RSPB Spotlight: Robins by Marianne Taylor

http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/rspb-spotlight-robins-9781472912114/

I purchased a copy this morning from Foyles in London. I started reading it on the Underground journey home and continued to read it as I was sitting in the garden during the afternoon. I didn't put the book down until I had read it from cover to cover and then re-visited certain chapters a second time. Lovely book, especially the photos. Lots of general and more technical information are neatly presented alongside each other. It should prove informative to all readers. It is an excellent book and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in birds in general and Robins in particular. The Chris Mead volume 'Robins' is the nearest previous publication to this book, but it is out of print and has drawings rather than photos.                                                     RSPB Spotlight: Robins follows a logical thread and doesn't jump randomly from topic to topic, which I personally find really irritating in reference books. I have (as far as I know) all the available books on Robins and have downloaded dozens of online studies and papers, including the pioneering work of JP Burkitt which was undertaken in the 1920's. This volume easily deserves its place on the shelves amongst those tomes and papers. Good value for £9-99.

Here's the ultimate endorsement...

I'm pretty sure GR was checking out page 53 (Robins & Mealworms)